Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
1. Clothes (I work at American Eagle, how could I not spend a lot on clothes?)
2. Gas, I have a habit of putting my car through its paces
3. Food, I eat out way too much

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My top money waster was eBay but I broke that habit when my credit cards got maxed out.

Still paying them off! :(

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Magazine subscriptions.
I am subscribing to Sports illustrated, Popular Science, Outdoor Life, PC World, Canadian Musician, Car and Driver, Geist, Sound and Vision and 2 more for my wife: Home, and Elle Decor :eek:

It's too easy to get carried away when Canadian Family Publishers or PCH gives you the "4 easy payment" option.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
MissGulch said:
Hah! If anybody wants to know how to live on nothing, we'll talk. A few of my tips:

Instead of renting movies from the video place rent them for free your local library. Beware that they also charge late fees, so get them back on time and DO NOT PUT THEM INTO THE BOX. Make sure they're scanned by a clerk or you may get burned for lost videos.
Goes for cd's too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Biggest waste of money? The government. More specifically, this MFP Inquiry that just wasted, COMPLETELY WASTED, $19 million of our hard-earned money. Can someone, anyone, explain how a board of inquiry can SPEND that kind of money in one year?

It's bad enough the lame-ass politicians in Toronto managed to overspend on the original contract - they were no doubt paying $40,000 each for each $400 PC, all of which are now horrendously out-of-date and need to be chucked.

I'd really like to know where all the $19 million went.

·
Registered
650 Posts
MacAndy said:
Biggest waste of money? The government. More specifically, this MFP Inquiry that just wasted, COMPLETELY WASTED, $19 million of our hard-earned money. Can someone, anyone, explain how a board of inquiry can SPEND that kind of money in one year?

It's bad enough the lame-ass politicians in Toronto managed to overspend on the original contract - they were no doubt paying $40,000 each for each $400 PC, all of which are now horrendously out-of-date and need to be chucked.

I'd really like to know where all the $19 million went.

No you don't!!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Oh I don't do I? Well, as a fine upstanding young member of our society I have always been one to question the government especially when it came to throwing away millions of dollars when I only owed $600-700 on my taxes and I do not feel I need to live in fear for questioning the government, I mean, really, what could they possib........................[click]

·
Canadian By Choice
117,170 Posts
To Whom it May Concern:
The ehMacLander formerly known as MacAndy shall be unavailable for an extended period of time. He has "chosen" to go to a "re-education facility" in the northern part of Ontario to learn about the civic responsibilities of being a taxpayer.
Respectfully submitted,
Lord Jason Jinglestars
Provincial Exchecquer and Tax collector

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm back. Unexpected power failure. Only, just at my desk. Hmm. Odd. Anyways, as I was saying, anyone who bashes the government on an ongoing basis does not fully comprehend the fiscal doublespeak Meech Lake Accord FLQ just watch me the proof is in the proof this is the proof and that's the proof of the proof what proof do you need... until I fall over backwards foaming at the mouth.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
My 3 big money-wasters:

1) Movies (a culmination of either theatre/drive-in or buying DVDs)
2) Mac stuff
3) Books (usually art/design/graphics-related, magazines, how-to, etc.)

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
- Beer. (Oh that doesn't count...I rent beer and then suddenly...it's gone)

- Gamecube/Gameboy/Mac games that I can't beat.

- Any lottery ticket at anytime in my life.
(I could have wallpapered my house with the losing tickets I've bought)

- My MetroPass. (Because I forgot that I get laid off in the middle of this month)

·
Registered
475 Posts
1. Girlfriend.
2. food/drink- I love to cook, and I love to eat.
3. coffee. Really, it adds up big time.

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
tedj said:
...3. coffee. Really, it adds up big time.
Oh, Dude, it's amazing...
I was spending about 8.50 a day at the coffee shop, and then I joined the office, unlimited-coffee club for 5 dollars a month.

Let's see, 8.50 times 5 days times 4 weeks = um....

170 dollars.

Compared to;

5 dollars.

Also, at 5 bucks a month, it's so cheap that I don't care if I don't have any coffee, and I've actually decreased my coffee consumption.

:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ooo, I could write a book of stuff for me!

• Impulse buys (number 1); and anything that can be purchased online with a credit card (I have my cc number memorized...very VERY bad!)

• iTunes Music Store. It's soo much easier to just buy an album for 9.99 instead of searching through my stacks of CD's and waiting for it to rip.

• STARBUCKS! My latte's come to $5 dollars even...that's a killer but one will push me right through to 3 o'clock on a sleepy work day (like today).

21 - 40 of 45 Posts