Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to hear what your most AMAZING Mac thing ever is....

Pick just one object...

Any time era....

Any category of Mac thingy.... Software, Computer, Book, Accessory, Toy....

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Best thing.... buying Apple stock at $14 a share.....

Worst thing..... selling when the iPod was announced because I figured it would bankrupt the company.

·
Registered
953 Posts
my old Blueberry iBook.

I took it into the apple store yesterday, and everyone was looking at it. Even the employees thought it was cool. I took it to show them the problem i was having with my iPod.

Morgan

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
My favorite was the very first Mac that I purchased for myself. A Powerbook Pismo G3 500Mhz.

·
Premium Member
18,010 Posts
Tough one. I was introduced to the Mac with the original Classic in a computer lab 'waaay back (in the era before the Web existed).

But I was converted fully when I was hired as a student to oversee a modern languages lab in university... and had access to a brand-spankin'-new Mac Centris 660AV. Blew my frakkin' mind. I could talk to it, and it would tell me jokes. It had a cool multimedia monitor with big-ass built-in speakers. Nothing else in the lab could touch it...

But my heart is always going to be with the first Mac I ever owned: a Powerbook 160, which allowed me, via the video-out port on the back, to code websites by hand on the grayscale screen, and view my work immediately in Mosaic (!) on the external colour display. Heaven.

...but then... my Powerbook 540 was pretty amazing, too....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tough one. I was introduced to the Mac with the original Classic in a computer lab 'waaay back (in the era before the Web existed).

But I was converted fully when I was hired as a student to oversee a modern languages lab in university... and had access to a brand-spankin'-new Mac Centris 660AV. Blew my frakkin' mind. I could talk to it, and it would tell me jokes. It had a cool multimedia monitor with big-ass built-in speakers. Nothing else in the lab could touch it...
Hey CubaMark, was this at UW (Waterloo) by chance? Those are the same Macs I fell in love with (Centris) in the Winter term of 1997 and ate away at me until I finally switched in the Winter of 2005.

My vote for most awesome Mac thing would be my 12" iBook G4 - the perfect size for lugging around all day at the time (my hacintosh netbook is much smaller and lighter now though).

My vote for most awesome Apple thing (other than a Mac) would be the Newton. I absolutely love the design and utility of my Newtons, esp. my eMate 300. At the time, nothing could touch them for sheer elegance and integration. Too bad they orphaned the Newton, we could have had the equivalent of our iPod touch's and iPhone's much, much earlier.

·
Honourable Citizen?
4,853 Posts
My iPod Touch.

2nd would be my first Mac in '94, my old LC575. I still boot it up every so often, running system 7.

It was like an iMac, before they made iMacs.

·
Premium Member
15,721 Posts
I want to get one. My iBook is currently on loan to my brother. As his To****a has died. It has switched him from the dark side.

Morgan
Okay, I can offer you a package deal on the Pismo and a Lime iBook running Tiger (but no terms).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tough call...

-I'll go with my Apple IIe (I spent so much time in front of that green and black screen):D
-My (original) iMac (Hey, no disk drive? WTF??? ;))
-My G4 Quicksilver (beat up that machine so much... And it still working! I guess l'll never be able to let it go...) :eek:

(certainly not my Performa 5200CD... ;) I had nothing but trouble with that machine)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.