Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start this thread with my experience last night and this morning.

In relation to my battery performance issue here, I contacted Apple chat support last night. The agent sent me a couple of links to Apple Support articles on the battery. I had already read those, so other suggestions were made, including putting the phone into Recovery Mode. None of this worked, so the agent created an phone appointment for this morning at 9 am. Right at 9 am, the phone rings, and I am connected to an agent right away. This agent was able to remotely gather logs from my phone and offered a couple of things to try.

In the end, there was nothing they could do remotely, and suggested I take the phone to a Genius Bar for better diagnosis.

In the end, I would give a very positive A+. Even if my issue was not fully resolved, it is an older phone after all, I was pleased with the level of support provided so far.

Premium Member
In the end, I would give a very positive A+. Even if my issue was not fully resolved, it is an older phone after all, I was pleased with the level of support provided so far.
It's nice to read a positive review. My only experience contacting Apple was many years ago and they were very helpful and supportive back then, and that was well before any apple store which we do not have ready convenient access to just in case their service was needed more recently. Things seem to be a little bit more complicated these days as well, with more things to go wrong.

I hope you get your problem sorted out. Don't forget to shut down, wait a bit and reboot, it often fixes many computer related things. Don't just reboot if the problem is serious. 馃槆

- Patrick
=======

Registered
My own experiences have been very positive. I often reach out here. Second choice is Apple Support. Even with older machines, they often can root out the problem. The Filipinos & Singaporeans are a lot kinder than the Aussies or NZers and seem to want to take more time.

I'll give you one good example. Apple replaced my MBP expanded battery just a few days out of AppleCare. However, when the Apple-replaced battery expanded again, they refused. It had popped the back plate, too. So now I have a third-party battery & somebody else's old backplate!

Give them a call. This is a trillion-dollar company. They really could afford to replace our Macs for free without breaking a sweat.

"Geniuses", eh?!? Waaay too much trouble.

Registered
My use of Apple support has been very infrequent but when I鈥檝e contacted them their response has been excellent. The latest issue was about the delivery of my current MBP. At some point it was 鈥榣ost in space鈥 (my term). The agent spent a long time trying to find where it was in the delivery chain but then promised me that if I did not receive it by X-date they would expedite another one which I would receive within three days. In the end I got the machine 2 days before the X-date.

PS. I was astounded by the delivery route: Shanghai, Incheon, Anchorage, Loiusville KY, Syracuse NY, Mirabel, QC, Lachine, QC, then to my home.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PS. I was astounded by the delivery route: Shanghai, Incheon, Anchorage, Loiusville KY, Syracuse NY, Mirabel, QC, Lachine, QC, then to my home.
International shipping routes often boggle my mind. I guess it is just the routes the carrier has in place.

Registered
At the beginning of the pandemic, an American friend remarked that, if the mails shut down that would signal the end of civilsation. Maybe.

In any case, we're fortunate the mails still (mostly) work. BTW, when using Canada Post, watch out being pushed to 'expedited' mail rather than regular (& expensive) Priority Post. They're using couriers, not always friendly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts