Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice people. There is a guy in the US who has an Applecare package for a Powerbook for a really good deal, $350.00 CAD. It has no plastic shrinkwrap on it but he says that it has never been registered. What do you think I should do? I called Apple and asked them and they said to check the enrollment number however I don't think he'll just give it to me like that without purchasing it. I'm all over the place with this, any comment or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Without the enrollment number, I'd avoid it like the plague. AppleCare can be transferred to a new owner, but likely only within the country of origin... and at that point, it would have to be under the guise of the sale of hardware. AND, if the enrollment isn't activated within the first 15 days of the purchase date of the APP, the start date of the term reverts to the manufacture date.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything seems okay. I called Apple this morning with the enrollement number *the guy actually gave it to me* and they said everything will be fine. Not a bad deal eh?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Not a bad deal eh?
yes, not bad, if the "guy" isn't pulling a "The Producers" type of scam.

(for those who haven't seen The Producers, it is about selling 1000% [you read right] of the shares of a Broadway production.)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It worked! Called Apple with the enrollment number and had it registered. They will be sending me out my certificate within 2-3 weeks. $350.00 flat sure beats $539.00 plus tax. Thanks for your advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts