Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Pentagon on Tuesday formally charged Omar Khadr with murder, attempted murder and supporting al-Qaida, setting in motion long-awaited U.S. military legal proceedings against the accused Canadian terrorist."

Quote lifted from first paragraph at:

Canadian Gitmo detainee Khadr charged with murder

Yes boys and girls, we are now fully through the looking glass along with Alice!

The Pentagon charging someone with murder!!!! A teenager with Canadian citizenship as it happens, but this is not my central point which is that its

The Pentagon!!!!

Making accusations of murder. How completely messed up is that?

There are so many similies trying to form in my mind, I can't settle on one.

Come on ehmacers help me out!

Fill in the blank in the following statement:

"The Pentagon charging someone with murder is like......."

For instance something like, "....is like William Shatner accusing someone of overacting"

Something like that. But funnier. A lot funnier.

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
"...is like catching Omar Khadr, and members of his family, shooting at Americans in Afghanistan, and killing some of them" ?

Sure, it's ironic, but this is not your usual family living down the block.

In any case, it would be preferable if he were charged on U.S. soil, where he might at least have a chance at a fair trial.

·
Premium Member
42,495 Posts
"...is like Canadians being sanctimonious after state-sanctioned acts of murder of aboriginals throughout its long history."

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"...is like Canadians being sanctimonious after state-sanctioned acts of murder of aboriginals throughout its long history."
I was looking more for funny as in humourous, but thanks for playing along!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts