Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently Apple removed this ad and won't be using it again.

Given the recent backlash against too-skinny models, and such, this seems wise. There was the expected "It's just a computer ad" commentary, which was met by a chorus of "People do die needlessly even though it's silly advertising" replies.

They also cancelled a series of "you can't be too reflective" ads...

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Given the recent backlash against too-skinny models, and such, this seems wise. There was the expected "It's just a computer ad" commentary, which was met by a chorus of "People do die needlessly even though it's silly advertising" replies.
That's just silly, but expected given this whole politically correct fad going on.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's just an ad in my opinion, but then again those girl who look up to those photoshoped models in magazines ads would say differently. I think that people who says it's just an ad see it for what it's meant to be seen as. They don't see it as some sort of subliminal messages being sent to the unknowing public.

·
Bald by choice
9,055 Posts
I think the fear was that George Bush may take it to heart.
Now that's a real scary thought!
But totally possible, considering he probably has free resources at his disposal now that they've given up trying to uncover the spy mechanisms embedded in the Canadian special issue "Poppy" 25 cent pieces.

jb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.