Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: With rumors of new powerbooks coming out for the Sept. Paris apple expo Im begining to think I should hold off on buying a powerbook g4 until then...but then again, maybe the new line will cost way too much and so I should just buy now? Any opinions would help...

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, if you want to save some dough, the ones that are brand new will drop in price when new ones are announced, either used or remaindered in stores. Indeed, the price of Powerbooks has been dropping like a rock lately, though supplies are running low.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
If history is an indicator, Apple tends to keep its price points static when they roll out new products. I would wait for Expo if I were you. According to what I read in the paper yesterday, Steve Jobs is slated to do the keynote (no pun intended), and that's a pretty good sign that they have something big to spring on people.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Anytime an Apple product line is due for a change, it's always best to wait just a bit longer. You can either get a better machine for the same price, or the previous generation at reduced price. Recent example was the G4. Everyone knew the introduction of a G5 was likely. For months they knew. Sure enough it happened, followed not only by a better version of the G4 (with dual-boot capability) but at vastly reduced prices.

·
Premium Member
31,035 Posts
"followed not only by a better version of the G4 (with dual-boot capability) but at vastly reduced prices."
except there are none

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Klaatu,

From what I've seen and heard they are being delivered. I just checked out the Apple Online Store and the estimated time to ship for a PowerMac G4 is seven to ten business days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.