Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehe...well my Dad has had his ibook 900 for 2 weeks now and loves it...although all he does is check his stocks :D but he will play with it more as it gets easier and he gets more time...well my step mom was noticing his ibook and seeing how easy and fun they seemed so I told her about the emac 1 ghz at future shop today that they had on for $997 + tax...so I explained that it was a steal and that they are really quite fast and has lots of potential..she is sorta working on doing some amature publishing so I told her a mac is the best on the job for that...so tomorrow between the Grey cup and beer I will be setting up her new emac!! should be fun...she is going to love that 17" display! my Dad will be jealous now !!..cheers, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha..yeah I suppose hey? I will be going out early so I can pick my favorite spot (massage chair) so by the time I am done setting up and all that the beer will be nice and cold and the chair will be ready to massage my back and the game will be on...ahh can't wait...Finally made my family switch from the dreaded evil PC junk...now my step dad and real mom need to switch...but my step dad is a dork who thinks Macs are going to go out of business and that they aren't ment to surf the internet or do anything useful...hmmm he might be a bit of work...time to pull out the rubber mallet to the forehead!! heh
oh well some people won't change no matter how hard you try! but I have switched two so thats a very good start! cheers, Mark

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Well done Mark. If we all worked as hard as you do to switch people, we'd be getting commission from Apple!

Enough for now though, gonna open a cold one and sit down to watch the Grey cup. I can hear the national anthum as I type. Bye.

GO EDMONTON GO!

:D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Remember my prediction, Sinc. Edmonton strikes first. I am in the process of switching my wife over.............from a Calgary Stamps fan to one who will at least root for the EE's. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YEAH ESKS RULE!!! wow what a good game...well the third quarter kinda stunk!! but good overall...VERY HAPPY the ESKIES won...my favorite team ever!! and WOW does that EMAC make my dual G4 seem like a 386 well not quite! but that thing is wicked fast I am extremely impressed with the 1 ghz emac...very very impressed...if I didn't have a mac I would seriously look at buying one!! and my step mom loves the speed...the 17" monitor (I knew she would) and the whole package....just wait another day and she will wonder why she ever used windows!! cheers everyone...going to go make more switchers!! Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts