Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Not a big deal!!! NOT A BIG DEAL!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Getting a new Mac is like having a new member of the family arrive! :D

Its a Happy Day!

·
Registered
438 Posts
hehehe, wow, thanks guys! less than 12 hours left until i'll be using it and the worst thing is that i have to go to school tomorrow.... i won't be able to pay attention at all!! i just hope the battery is still at full charge like the seller said it would be.

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey everyone! I just found out that I will finally receive my PowerBook G3 laptop that I ordered tomorrow! I know most people probably won't think it is a big deal, but this is the first laptop I have ever had and I know it won't be my last. I got an awesome deal on it off eBay for around $375US for the entire system with everything included. Who knows, I might even go to the extreme of takin pics! TTYL!

·
Registered
438 Posts
IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!! Hey everyone, I just got the laptop! It is swweeetttt!! I'll post pics when I get a chance. Hey, does anyone know how I should do a clean charge of the battery? Thanks!

·
Registered
438 Posts
uh oh... i just got back from a wedding i was at and i had left the battery to charge... but i don't think it worked. at first when i hit the battery indicator light button on the battery it turned on 1 light solid which means 1/4th full i think.... now not even 1 light is solid. it just blinks the first light over and over again. please help!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
somehting else that worries me is that in the manual, it says that the battery level indicator lights should stay on while the battery is being charged by an external power supply... mine don't. this is startin to look bad....

·
Registered
401 Posts
If it's an older battery it might not hold that much of a charge. No big deal. Considering the age of the computer it might be just it's time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
ya... but i was told when i was buying it that the battery holds a full charge.......

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Did you try it in both sides? Check to make sure the contacts are clean on the battery and in the laptop.
The lights on the side never stayed on when charging for me. Only when I pressed the button did they show any level of charge.
I found when using the battery, the start time was 3.5 hr, then start Illustrator and do 5 min work and there is 2.5 hrs left.
I would contact seller and get a refund for the battery/laptop as soon as possible.
Hope this helps,
Robert

·
Registered
438 Posts
k, i'll try that... thanks rob!

but also now, it's like the ac adaptor plug that goes into the computer is loose, and when i hit the power button... it won't turn on. so i have to jiggle it for a while. any ideas? thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Return the laptop immediately.
If the adaptor plug is loose, you probably will need a new(used) sound/power board. They are under $100 but to replace it you will be taking the PB apart all the way down to the base. Not for the faint of heart.
Sorry for the bad news.
Robert
PS: here is a site for the take apart instructions.
Download the file for your PB.
http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/manuals.html

·
Registered
438 Posts
thanks for your help rob!

·
Registered
438 Posts
ok, the laptop is gonna be sent back to get repaired! thanks for your help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts