Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mac OS X 10.2.8: Blue or Dark Screen After Updating
After installing Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Build 6R65) on a Macintosh that uses an ATI graphics chipset, including Power Macintosh G3 and PowerBook G3 Series (Bronze Keyboard) computers, the screen may look blue or dark in some applications.
link

Power Mac G5: Runs at Reduced Speed When Air Deflector Not Properly Installed
The Power Mac G5 will run at a reduced speed when the air deflector is not installed properly.
link

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
FYI, you can find out your Build number by selecting About This Mac on your Apple Menu.

When the About This Mac pane opens, you'll see Version 10.2.X under the large Mac OS X text in the centre of the pane. Click on the word Version and you'll see it change to your Build & Serial numbers.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'll have to check the version of 10.2.8 on my machine when I get home. I installed it the other day using the Updater, but did not check the actual revision number afterwards. I do know that I have an ATI Radeon card (the original) and 1gig of RAM, and I have not had any problems with running any apps or such since the upgrade... I think I'll knock on every piece of wood that I pass today...

MrVermin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts