Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cumpler Canada is also sponsoring ehMac's Macworld San Francisco coverage! Crumpler has really awesome bags for laptops, cameras, digital gear and more! Best of all, they sell them anywhere in CANADA!

Since I'm going to be wearing holes in my Nikes walking for kilometers and kilometers, checking out all the Mac related exhibits and booths, plus visiting some of the sights and sounds of San Fran, I wanted to get a bag that would be:

A) Cool looking (Hey, you gotta look cool in California!) :cool:

B) Very comfortable for hauling around a 12" PowerBook, plus digital camera and other digital gadgets

C) Secure for my important belongings like my Canadian Passport, wallet, hotel key, and all the digital gadgets.

I came across an article in Macworld Magazine about various laptop bags and saw a picture of a sweet looking Crumpler bag:

Well, I knew I could check cool off my list! I like the over-the-shoulder style bags, especially for walking the expo floor. I can easily get at my laptop, collect various product brochures (and swag), and easly get at my passport and other important items.

Crumpler Canada is graciously supplying me with a bag to try out for the show, so I'll let you know how B) and C) go.

We'll also be having a DRAW for the newest Crumpler product for ehMac Members, not even released yet called the "School Hymn". (They've got some really funky names for their products!) Stay tuned for more details soon!

Support ehMac's sponsors by ordering a cool bag today!

[ December 19, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: ehMax ]

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Nice bag. I too am looking to switch to a single shoulder bag. Hope to see how b) and c) go for you.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey PGant. I too thought they were a little on the expensive side. I did receive my Roll-O-Notes bag (As pictured exactly above). I can tell you that these bags really have a quality feel to them. By that I mean, everything has a solid, chunky feel to it, for lack of a better term. The straps and buckles are really think and solid. The zippers look super industrial strength. Even the the part that you use to pull the zippers shut looks super solid. (Crumpler calls them size 10 zippers). The padding for the laptop is nice and thick too. The bag is surprisingly light though. I'd definitely say the bag is a premium quality bag. Considering I'm carrying around a 12" PowerBook, digital camera, iPod, cell phone, and important documents, that's a good thing!

These guys have a real sense of humour too. I got to post some quotes from the catalogue.
Check out this page on things you should know about Crumpler.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Please mention to your contacts at Crumpler that they can "graciously supply me" with one of their products anytime!

Kidding aside, I'd be interested to hear your impressions about its usefulness in toting around a laptop and camera. Some day I'll have to get a replacement for my existing laptop bag, so you you never know: Crumpler might wind up on the list of maybes.

[ December 28, 2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: PGant ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts