Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at FS today and saw they had silicone keyboard protectors from ZCover. ZCover makes 4 variants: Clear, Pre-Printed, Video Editing and Black. All available for all the different keyboards (MB, MBP, etc). They had a clear one for the MBP but no MBP on the floor to test it on. I tried the MB one on a floor model and it fit well. Do you think it is better for me to spend the $20 on the keyboard cover or the wrist rest cover from Marware (at the Apple store)? Which is more prone to wear?

zCover, the best fashionable protection cases. - They have all kinds of cool skins. Pre-printed ones for PS, FInal Cut, etc.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought the keyboard skin and will try it for a bit to see how i type using it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought the black iSkin keyboard and it's been great so far. Although some people complain about the cover as being intrusive to typing, I haven't found that to be the case at all.

The only thing is, I probably would've bought the white cover instead of the black one. While I like the black one, I think the white would've gone more with my other accessories and with the Macally Bookpad (wrist area protector) that I bought.

Still looks pretty good though. Also, the Bookpad is very similar to the Marware wrist protector. It's extremely soft and comfortable.

I'd recommend both. If you can only buy one, I'd say go with the wrist protector since that area gets dirtier. Plus, the keys are spaced out nicely so that you can get some of the dirt out from between them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I returned by skin yesterday. It was too much of a friction surface between my fingers and the keys. I couldnt type as fast as i can with it off

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Do you think it is better for me to spend the $20 on the keyboard cover or the wrist rest cover from Marware (at the Apple store)? Which is more prone to wear?
I've heard lots of weird stories about the Marware wrist covers -- they're basically like Stickers, and apparently they start to curl at the edges very quickly.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll keep my MBP au natural for now. I do notice fingerprints/sweat marks but its nothing some lens cleaner and a microfibre cloth doesn't remove. I dont really care though. At least its not greasy like on the black MBs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts