Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i figured since this is a mac site this would be a good place to ask.

I have a Macbook Pro that was signed by Steve Wozniak when he came to give a talk at my university. I was just curious to know what u guys think it would be worth, if anything more, less the same. I don't plan on selling it but it's nice to know what people would pay for it.

It's a MBP 15" Unibody 2.66 ghz, 320 gig [email protected], 4 gig ram.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Hey guys, i figured since this is a mac site this would be a good place to ask.

I have a Macbook Pro that was signed by Steve Wozniak when he came to give a talk at my university. I was just curious to know what u guys think it would be worth, if anything more, less the same. I don't plan on selling it but it's nice to know what people would pay for it.

It's a MBP 15" Unibody 2.66 ghz, 320 gig [email protected], 4 gig ram.

Cheers
Pictcha!

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
This might get you a wee bit more $$ on eBay where a collector might want it - otherwise, I don't know how much $$ value a Woz autograph (even though it is pretty darn cool!) would get you from a dealer or on Craigslist.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
it depends on the buyer. some may pay a bit more because of it, others would pay less because they rather have a cosmetically clean macbook pro.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Would've been better if he signed it in say a lower corner of the lid. That's just an odd placement for a sig...

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Who says it isn't fake also...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd say it's less likely to be fake because it's not perfect (not facing the right way up, no printed name, not in one corner like a "collectors edition" etc). Granted I have no idea whether it's actually real or not, but it looks like the kind of signature of someone who was surrounded by a group of people wanting his time/autograph after an event, and just grabbed something for 2 seconds to scrawl his signature on and return.

That said, I wouldn't pay more for it. I agree with the ebay advice because you would need to get a lot of eyeballs to find someone who really valued that extra. It's likely that a handful of people would pay significantly more for it, and everyone else wouldn't pay anything more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts