Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the jet black iPhone 7 today. I wish I hadn't!! I was comparing the display to my iPhone 6. Definitely more vivid and an improvement in color saturation.

I watched a lot of video reviews hoping someone would do a thorough comparison with the two displays, but I never did see anyone do that.

Anyway, I was impressed. The display itself seems to be closer to the glass as well.. as if it's part of the glass. I didn't think it was possible to get it any closer, yet there it was.

I just wish it wasn't so freakin expensive. I can't justify spending $1000+ on a cellphone.

Meanwhile, the iPhone 8 is going to be spectacular, and will likely be $1200-1300 knowing Apple. Pretty close to what the MacBook Pro used to cost. Insane.

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
Meanwhile, the iPhone 8 is going to be spectacular, and will likely be $1200-1300 knowing Apple. Pretty close to what the MacBook Pro used to cost. Insane.

Insane = BIG understatement!!! :greedy:

·
Registered
536 Posts
And it's not $1300, it's $1300 every 3 years.
You can still use an iPhone 5c, but the planned obsolescence design is to anticipate that you will replace your phone (or be forced to replace it due to non-replaceable battery failure) by the time your contract with the cellular provider is up.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And it's not $1300, it's $1300 every 3 years.
I don't understand what this means. $1300 is $1300.

First of all, most contracts are 2 years. Second, I don't do contracts. Third, whether you buy a phone every year, or 4 or 5 years, you're still paying $1300 for that phone.

Furthermore, you can replace the battery in an iPhone. It's actually pretty simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts