Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple's original founding corporate papers went up for auction, with the auction house Sotheby's estimating that the documents would fetch around $100,000-$150,000. The documents included the original contract signed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ron Wayne.

Well, the document went for a little higher. Just under 1.6 million dollars. :eek: :yikes:

Holy cow!

I'm laughing and feel bad for the guy, because this is the second time that Ron Wayne has missing out of a ton of money related to Apple.

The first time is when he sold his shares of Apple. He had a 10% stake in Apple that he sold for $800. Had he had kept them, today they would be worth about 35 Billion dollars. :eek: :lmao:

He also was the person who owned these documents that went up for auction. He sold them years ago for a few thousand dollars. Today they sold for 1.6 Million.

Man, this guy has had some bad luck!

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
OUCH!!!

Yet Ron Wayne still seems happy in his life and doesn't seem to have any regrets.

But I'll bet that he wouldn't have minded just a bit of compensation lately for all that he's lost over the years and for all he did to help get Apple get launched.

Are you sure that his original shares "...would be worth about 35 Billion dollars" today?? That seems to be a bit high, but I'm sure no financier.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
He's the Pete Best of computers.
A fair comparison. Except that Pete Best was booted out and Ron Wayne left voluntarily. He has also been secretly financing the crime fighting pursuits of his son Bruce.

·
peek-a-boo
16,416 Posts
hats off to the guy for having no regrets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts