1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
That sounds like great news for Apple. Looks like they are definitely going to reach their 10 Million song download goal by April (or was it March). Steve had said they had a goal of 10 Million downloads by iTunes Music Store's 1 year anniversary.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true, Kosh. With these promos, Apple will surely hit their mark

But, I see this trend (Apple+AOL, Apple+Pepsi, Apple+McDonalds) as being an extremely valuable turn of events for Apple. They are teaming up with MAJOR NAMES that own A LOT of mental real estate in The Masses' minds! These events are finally, for the first time since Windows 95, going to push Apple back into The Masses' minds, and this is exactly what Apple needs. I'm sure there's a marketing term for this phenomena, but Apple will come out from under its veil of obscurity and "niche" image as a result of all this. This is what the Mac platform desperately needs! Get that Apple logo out there! Get people hitting the site to download that trojan horse iTunes/Win to play their free song. get them to like it. Get them to open their minds to Apple stuff... and get them to buy a Mac ;)

Technologically, not since the 1980's has there been a better time for the Masses to use Macs: beautiful hardware, solid OS and software selection and design, solid security, no viruses, easy to use. The challenge I felt Apple has always faced was the public (mis)perception of Apple. Given all of this, the new promotional tie-ins and how Microsoft has essentially failed their customers (XP has to be the worst OS yet for security). This misperception problem could all start to change now.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Man, I don't think I could have said it any better Macaholic.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, they didn't flat out deny it. maybe they will be doing this, but they're not ready?

But... that is A LOT of money for them to spend! That alone would have caused some skepticism in me, were it not for the detail in the NY Post article that they only needed to buy what they gave away, and not have to actually PAY for all of them, whether they were given away or not...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts