Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well,

I just recieved my ibook and all i can say is, sweeeeeeeet!
its the base model G4 800. 256/30gig/dvd/cdrw.
really zippy so far!!
only problem is, about an hour before i get it i get a call from my boss saying theyd like me to do more computer work for them. i may need a faster cpu and something with the ability to have 2 or more drives in it.
i will keep everyone posted.
for now, where can i host some pictures? i took a few

chris

[ November 12, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: moonsocket ]

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
The 12" iBook is a thing of beauty isn't it? (I love the one I get to use :D )

As for hosting pictures, your ISP should have some webspace you can use. I know Rogers, Shaw and Telus have some, but am not sure on some of the other ISPs especially the ones out east.

·
Registered
187 Posts
moonsocket if you need some pictures hosted just email them to me bud. Ill host them up on my webserver for you for a little while.

As a warning you won't be able to send a zip file to my profiles email address. It filters all incoming mail for me. Ill PM you a more direct address you can use.. pass it around and I kill you

[ November 12, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Akai ]

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You could always go get a temp .Mac accoutn and host them yourself. It's not a perfect solution...but it always works in a pinch.

·
Registered
433 Posts
great pics!! oh man i want one....

p.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was just over at the online Apple store thinking about buying one of these. Your pictures are very enticing! Now I really want one!

Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,524 Posts
Moonsocket, a most interesting array of sequenced pictures. There is a sense of symmetry to them all if you view them quickly. The lamp was the picture taken when you laid down the camera to hug this fine laptop. Just fooling. Actually, you have chosen wisely. Enjoy........."kvell"..............share more pictures........Paix.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks very much
im trying to get used to this camera. it seems that what you see in the viewfinder is not the finished project...its a little bit lower so i try to compensate....and i keep fprgetting which way!!!

i am a photographer(sort of). once i decide if i get.mac or my own webspace ill post lots of pics

·
Registered
187 Posts
G4 iBook

i had forgotten i had a trial account

thanks for the offer also akai. i passed your email address to all the people i know
No problem your welcome

And I guess I don't have to worry too much about my email then eh.. I mean how many people do you really know?!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,524 Posts
Moonsocket, what sort of camera do you own, or was utilized for these pictures?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hey!

I bought Moonsocket's DA PowerMac...and I must say that the machine is as great as the transaction: awesome.

Thanks Moonsocket! Enjoy your iBook!!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I always enjoyed my G3 iBook. Had I known there would be a G4 iBook, I might never have owned my current silver 12.1" Powerbook G4. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but one still wonders what decision I would have made given the option of iBook or Powerbook, both G4's.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sinc, same with me, i am happy with my 12" powerbook g4, however i am sure i would have got the ibook if it was availible at the time (had the powerbook since july)

could have saved myself ALOT of $
ahh well the powerbook's are still a bit smaller
and i am sure i'll use the superdrive in this thing more
_one day_

ahh well, tis the way the game goes...

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Nice pictures!

What is that red sticker (?) to the right of the power button?

That keyboard looks nice and white. More opaque is it?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Very nice! The only thing that bugs me about the newer iBooks is that they have started using a plastic material on the inside shell (around the keyboard and monitor). The older ones (pre G3-800) had this nice metallic finish to them, but I guess it got cut to keep the cost down.

I'm sure you're gonna love that iBook. I swear by mine

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dr.G,
the camera is an Olympus d-390. its only 2 megapixels but it does what we want for now. next year we will get a better camera. hopefully a new SLR and an SLR digital

iLabmAn,
thanks for the easy transaction! i hope your son enjoys the machine. it really is awesome!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts