Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

Thanks to the awesome MacDoc, I am now the proud new owner of a MacBook (the 13' 1.83 GHz, 60 GB) and far away from that dreadful PC of mine!!!

Since I am brand spanking new to Mac's, I definitely need to rely on the manual for assistance. Trouble is, the manual is completely in French. I would love to say I'm bilingual; however, I am not.

I know that the manual is probably available online but I'd rather have a hard copy. If I called Apple, do you think they'd send me a new one (free of charge)?

Or is anyone who's bilingual on here be willing to swap manuals? =)

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
There's a nifty piece of technology called a "printer". I know I know...some people may say that it's crazy to talk about something that can make letters on paper appear as if by magic from some strange wonderland that you can't see or touch called "the Internet" but believe you me it's available at your local computer store. :)

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Why did you get a French manual? What's with people orderring French systems if they don't speak a lick of French!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Why did you get a French manual? What's with people orderring French systems if they don't speak a lick of French!
He got it from MacDoc. Perhaps open-box, perhaps a French model (or the packaging was French, and/or keyboard swapped for an English one). Pure speculation of course. :) Either way, congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He got it from MacDoc. Perhaps open-box, perhaps a French model (or the packaging was French, and/or keyboard swapped for an English one). Pure speculation of course. :) Either way, congrats on the purchase!
Thank you Lars! The packaging IS French and the keyboard WAS swapped for an English one.

Don't you love when people make assumptions? =)

Oh, and I'm a she =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a nifty piece of technology called a "printer". I know I know...some people may say that it's crazy to talk about something that can make letters on paper appear as if by magic from some strange wonderland that you can't see or touch called "the Internet" but believe you me it's available at your local computer store. :)
Hmmm, I have never heard of such an invention... ;)

Naw, I wish I could just print it out but unfortunately I don't have the funds for a printer at the present time.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Honestly, I don't think the manuals that come with a new Mac are worth having on hard copy. You'll read through it once and then never again. They really aren't too useful.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
fetisha - send me a private message and I'll see what it takes to get you a hard copy manual if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Honestly, I don't think the manuals that come with a new Mac are worth having on hard copy. You'll read through it once and then never again. They really aren't too useful.
I agree! There is nothing in them that one of us here cannot help you out with.

But, if you really want one, maybe someone in Hamilton can simply print out a copy for you? That would probably be best. I'm sorry that I won't be making any trips down to Hamilton until June.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I know that the manual is probably available online but I'd rather have a hard copy. If I called Apple, do you think they'd send me a new one (free of charge)?
Not likely. That's why they have the manual online. They'll just point you to that like everyone here did.

Actually there isn't much in the manual these days. There's more on Apple's Support sitethan in the manual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts