Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
He should be banned from having any access to the Internet, and if he violates that order he should be jailed.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
He'll receive a six month suspended sentence and be back online in full force by Canada Day.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
I hope he receives the death penalty.

I lost an entire domain, because the name was hijacked for massive spamming. Every Monday morning, my mailbox would be clogged with 'bounce-backs'. AARRGGHH!!!

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
I hope he receives the death penalty.

I lost an entire domain, because the name was hijacked for massive spamming. Every Monday morning, my mailbox would be clogged with 'bounce-backs'. AARRGGHH!!!
I hope he's jailed and forced to eat spam spam spam and spam and nothing but spam. (Cue: Monty Python.)

A website I have was crippled for a while with a redirect problem, and I have been receiving the bounce back emails, but only a couple a day. Do you know why this is happening?

The problem was just fixed (by a member of this site, btw), and will the bounce back emails stop?

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I hate spam like everyone else but how is this illegal? Isn't this freedom of speech? I have no opinion on what should be do but I really don't grasp the law. I assume there is a "spam is illegal on the internet" law? I understand the annoyance and frustration spam creates but how could this be dubbed illegal? This is the internet for god's sakes.

He is advertising for legitimate business and yet is becomes illegal. Why? Does that mean those who distribute mass mailings for various companies be arrested? They are doing the same thing only in paper form. They are a bigger annoyance to mailmen/women and think of the trees that are wasted and landfill space taken up.

Makes you think...

Plus if I need to make my penis bigger...where would I know where to go. :D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I hate spam like everyone else but how is this illegal? Isn't this freedom of speech? I have no opinion on what should be do but I really don't grasp the law. I assume there is a "spam is illegal on the internet" law? I understand the annoyance and frustration spam creates but how could this be dubbed illegal? This is the internet for god's sakes.

He is advertising for legitimate business and yet is becomes illegal. Why? Does that mean those who distribute mass mailings for various companies be arrested? They are doing the same thing only in paper form. They are a bigger annoyance to mailmen/women and think of the trees that are wasted and landfill space taken up.

Makes you think...

Plus if I need to make my penis bigger...where would I know where to go. :D
Having your own opinion in terms of Freedom of Speech is one thing... enforcing it on others - by the millions (repeatably) - is another.

The difference (one of the many differences) between this guy and companies that send you hard copy 'spam' in the mail is that he's also accused of "mail fraud, wire fraud, e-mail fraud, aggravated identity theft and money laundering," none of which the other companies that send you flyers do.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I don't seem to get spam.. a few messages a month at best. :)

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
In the year since I switched to Videotron cable at home I've received ONE spam message, which is fine by me.

At work it's normally dozens and dozens daily but I too have noticed a decrease in the past couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
I'm still getting the standard 15-17 SPAMs a day. :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.