Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,965 Posts
I will be - looking forward to it - I think a lot of hopes about a bonanza were dashed by recession, distance, prices and hell...the main venue is JoBurg XX)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
i saw an article stated that the average tickets for the opening game is $1200 US each.
No...

Opening ceremonies aren't a big deal in World Cup. Ceremonies and other glitzy distractions in general in soccer aren't really paid attention to, it's all about the game.

If anything, traffic might be an issue. At game time or 10 minutes in, the stadium will be full

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am trying to watch the CBC live stream but there is only sound during the commercials. Anyone else getting this?

·
Premium Member
30,965 Posts
I'm on CBLT on Rogers and aside from the stupid plastic horns drowning the sound out it's fine.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Com'on, the stads are always full for the Opening ceremonies!
I think it's because of $$$!
It only looks like a few sections at very top are not full now.

$$ is probably a big thing for many in South Africa too. In US dollars for this match, field level middle are $450, field level corners are $300 and upper deck is $200.
That's a bit of a premium, as its the opening match. For most South Africans, this is about 3 months worth or wages. I don't think opening match tickets included the opening ceremony.

·
Premium Member
30,965 Posts
Nice - first goal to South Africa :clap:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Germany really lit up the tourney. It's always a slow burn with the round 1 games, things should heat up by late this coming week.

A good site to check for if the game's worth the time (if you're at work and don't want spoilers) is worldcupgameratings.com as it just lets you know whether it's a bore draw or not, regardless of who's playing.

Hey, anyone get Mobi TV working in Canada, streaming the World Cup games? I don't have Rogers cable so can't get the Rogers on Demand app.

·
Premium Member
30,965 Posts
KInda cool getting all the games in HD on Demand from Rogers :clap:
I'll have to time shift myself and stay away from soccer news.

I'll watch the Germany game tho even tho I know the outcome.

That is some gorgeous looking stadium at Capetown. :yikes:

Hmm sort of overwhelms the waterfront tho....:confused:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts