Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just couldn't wait for my university store to get them so I went to Computer Systems Centre in Toronto this morning.

Woohoo! It's awesome. I have a 5 Gb one and my initial reaction is that this new one is even better.

I will post some pictures and a review later if people are interested.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Congrats! Hey could you do us a favour and see if what ipoding.com is saying is true...that you can record with the new model?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Wait a minute..better not since it involves running the diagnostic tool. I don't want to invite bad karma on anyone, especially a new iPod owner
!

Here is the link in case you want to know more.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
I tried the diagnostic mode trick and hit a wall (after the Apple window). Wouldn't recommend it for the new iPods. looks like this new capability will be rolled out later this year (along with a specific microphone).

One thing I really like is the ability to manage multiple iPods from the same Mac. My wife has a 5 gb rev 1 and I can easily juggle between the two with the same libraries of songs.

Also, the new note ability is cool but there is no documentation with the actual iPod. It's on the Apple site as a pdf file.

If you click on a song in iTunes and then press cmd-I you get a whol;e bunch of info on the song including the encoder, the encoding method, the file complexity profile, the file location (nc. the type tag e.g. mp3, m4a or m4p), and tons more data (if you click on the other tabs).

The ONLY problem with the new iPod is the price. But you get what you pay for.......

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's great that you got yours...

But, they bumped the ship date to 03/05/09 for my 30GB iPod. Oh Darn! Well, I can handle a week wait it'll give me some time to get more songs re-ripped into AAC/ add some that I didn't at the time, etc.

John

Edit: Fixed date format.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts