Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of snail-speed burning? Can't read/write DVD-RWs? Can't read SACDs? Worry not... This firmware update for your superdrive will enable 2x burning as well as accessing other useful features.

I turned to this after Apple didn't even bother to reply to my *paid for* Applecare questions regarding reading dual layer CDs (standard CD + new SACD). The site is very comprehensive and provides both the firmware upgrade and a reinstall of the old one should you chose to do so.

Only words of caution: make create more heat, so be careful not to burn for hours on end and may invalidate the warranty (but Apple hasn't said it would).

Downloaded last night. Works like a dream for SACDs. Will report later on other features.

Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
I applied this update when it first came out, months ago, on my 12" AlPB. No problems yet. Works fine on a Panther OS too.

If you can, send the guy a few bucks via PayPal; It's like buying a new drive worth hundreds. I sent him $10 US and got a letter of gratitude.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
sorry, dumb question....disregard!! Mark

·
Registered
187 Posts
good find! I was looking at getting a 867mhz Rev A Powerbook this could come in usefull.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts