Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2011 MBP 17-inch back from the shop with new battery, fans & speakers. When I got it back, new battery was at 7% but MagSafe charger had a green light.

I calibrated the battery, charging it up to 100%, then running it down to past zero. Had it on charge (still green light) for several hours now but the power button doesn't fire the old girl up.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Patrick. When I got my MBP back after 15 months in the shop (while I hemmed & hawed), I had forgotten the reason I brought it in! The keys were stuck. Caps lock meant I couldn't even type URLs & forced the Mac to only start in Safe Boot. Turned out to be the keyboard sensor plate. Repair price is now up to $200. I'm thinking I might add bigger HDD, maybe even SSD, x2. To my mind, way better solution than a new 16-inch for $3k+!

·
Premium Member
30,885 Posts
2011s are just a disaster.
Opt for a 2014/15 15.4" ....much better machine circa $1500 and much mucch better screen.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2011s are just a disaster.
Opt for a 2014/15 15.4" ....much better machine circa $1500 and much mucch better screen.
I do agree. Apple has replaced the videocard three times. But now we've got a $200 'new' MBP. The real estate is hard to beat. I understand the videocards were changed in 2012 but I've never seen one.

I'm using a 2015 15-inch MBP Retina. I'll keep fixing it until it's unfixable. Worth, to me, way more than $1500!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts