Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

won't see card reader

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  pcronin 
#1 ·
I have a SD 16gb card in a card reader and I plugged it into the front usb slot. My mac does not see it. I tried the keyboard but it says it is too low power to use from there. How do I get the G5 to see it?

#5 ·
Card Readers do die. On one occasion I had two brand new readers fail straight out of the blister pack. That was several years ago and the last replacement is still chugging along just fine.

#13 · (Edited)
I have a Transcend USB card reader that I use,
It also works with my 5th Generation 30 gb Video iPod and the Apple photo adapter.

The other reader that I use is a MicroMate Sandisk with a USB extension cord

The Transcend uses very little power, Which is probably why it works with my iPod.

My best suggestion is to use an Extension USB cable with your reader,
Then attach it to the higher powered USB outlets on your computer.

Attachments

#14 ·
Bought Logiix

I bought a Logiix for 22 dollars and it worked.. but only after I put in the compact flash - then took the compact flash out and put in the SD - then it read it. (I did try the back fyi - did not work)

So I must have needed a new one. I will keep the other one for the PC.

#16 ·
I have a mutli card reader that works fine on my MBP with OS 10.5.x, but when I hook it up to my mom's mini running 10.4.x iPhoto nor finder bring up the cards.

I'm thinking it's just a Tiger issue and moving her to snow lep or at least lep would probably fix this.

What version of os x is that mac running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.