Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing about the imminent release of FileMaker Pro 7 but haven't heard a peep from any of the online news sources.

Can ehMax tell me if you've seen anything @ the FileMaker booth?

Thanks!

·
Registered
482 Posts
There's been no official word but it is widely expected that the release is imminent. There was much anticipation at the last WWDC, but no show. Shortly after, they started including a year of maintenance with all volume licensing.

Some have suggested that that implies that the release will come in the next year, but all it tells me is that they don't want people holding off on a big purchase because they fear a new version is coming.

My suggestion - don't hold your breath, and don't put off projects just because you think 7 is coming. Even when it is released it will be bound to have problems for some time. It is after all expected to be a very significant release and will need time to mature.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
They seem to be due for an update, not that I need to spend more money...

Why are you asking? Is there any particular feature you're hoping for?

I just hope it starts to support "mouse scrolling". ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Version 7 will be announced in about two weeks.

How do I know? Because I upgraded to FileMaker 6 about 3 weeks ago and I always just miss the grace period for the free upgrades to the next latest and greatest version. I'll need to pay for yet another upgrade. Sometimes my timing really sucks. :(

B

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a rather long laundry list of features and improvements I'd like to see in FileMaker...

Its a great application but it has some limitations and roadblocks that need to be addressed. Speaking of which, I'd like to see some improvements in FileMaker server as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts