Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Ohenri wrote:
"What about the ABS manufacturer - forget their name right now. They apparently work well too."

The Apple Base Station (ABS) is made by Lucent/Orinoco; I've been using an Orinoco RG-1100 at home for about eight months now and it's worked like a champ, both with Apple and non-Apple hardware. In fact, you can take an RG-1100 and turn it into an ABS (instructions are here), which is kind of neat, since an RG-1100 is about half the price of an ABS (although it might clash with your Mac).

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
PosterBoy wrote:
"jfpoole: Did you turn yours into an ABS, or leave it running as is? If you did change it, did you notice any differences in funtionality, reliability, etc?"

I haven't converted it over, but I've been thinking about it. My computing environment here is mixed enough that converting it over to an ABS isn't cleary a Big Win(tm). I might try it anyway for fun over the holidays and see what the Apple ABS tools are like....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.