Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm interested in whether I'm taking unnecessary precautions for my battery life.

Everytime I'm done at my computer, I shut off my Might Mouse. I turn it over and push the cover over the lens.

Is this necessary? Like, I feel in a way that that is for shutting the mouse down for situations such as travel so that you don't run down your battery.

Is it necessary if I'm just leaving it idle at my computer to always slide the lens closed? Or will just leaving it leave it off?

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
I use Sony longlife rechargeable batteries. The mighty mouse turns itself off, I don't turn it off myself, and the batteries last for months.

That said, I know some people who unplug their toasters when not in use, even though they use no power...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That said, I know some people who unplug their toasters when not in use, even though they use no power...

Hah! Thanks. I shall leave my Mighty Mouse running when not in use in that case.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Hah! Thanks. I shall leave my Mighty Mouse running when not in use in that case.
Thanks, but just in case your mouse behaves differently, perhaps you should wait for more people to answer? In my case, I got a great deal on normally expensive Sony rechargeables (from Dell) which have been working fabulously. Not every battery would behave the same. I also use them in my Apple bluetooth keyboard. In my case, I also wonder about the wear and tear on the mouse switch--but I won't lose any sleep over it, also. Good questions though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts