Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Sinc,

I have the Apple wireless (BT) mouse & keyboard.

Initially I had some rather odd issues (loss of pairing, etc), however the recent Bluetooth firmware update seems to have corrected this.

Battery life for both keyboard & mouse is amazing. Ive been using them for about 2 months with no battery replacement so far.

Cheers,
Darren

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Sinc, I use the Logitech wireless optical mouse with my iBook, and I started using it until I realized that I did not have to set anything up....just use it. I also like the feel of this mouse in my hand, but that is a personal preference.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I use the Microsoft BT mouse. It works pretty well but everytime I have to replace the batteries, it is a 5 minute ordeal to get it to reconnect. I use NiMH batteries and have to replace them every week. I use the mouse a lot though. All day at work and at home too. I wish it had an off switch like the Apple does.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Sinc, no it does not. I have used 2 rechargeable AAs and only had to recharge them twice in 20 months.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sinc,

I've got a microsoft wireless multimedia kayboard and mouse, and they both work perfectly, I've had to replace the batteries once in 6 months, and I only paid $71 for both of them.

Josh

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm using Apple wireless keyboard. It's wicked. Typing feels good, response is good, and thus far no bluetooth issues.

My mouse is currently wired (Logitech MX500). Apparently a bluetooth variant of this mouse will be available soon ( I think it is stateside, but not here in the great white north). I 'll look into the BT version when it is available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
logitech's mx mice are fantastic. for the laptop though it'd be best to get the mx900 mouse as it's bluetooth, but you can get the keyboard/mouse (rf) combo for cheaper. i know for a fact that the mx700 rules, but havent used the keyboard, i think it costs something around 110$ at canadacomputers.com

·
Banned
5 Posts
the mx900 looks like a fantastic mouse but i dont like the fact that it still requires a cable for the hub. Id rather just buy the dlink USB dongle and use that with this mouse but that would make batteries costly since I dont have the dock to charge with. Does anyone know of a good TWOBUTTON bluetooth mouse that either comes with a usb WIRELESS dongle or that I can use with the dlink one sold on apples site

·
Registered
292 Posts
using logitech cordless duo -- fringe benefits include the nice volume control on the keyboard, and the delete key works correctly (!)...mouse is nice

i agree that a usb dongle is better, it's kind of annoying having a cable to the wireless hub.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Sinc, when my son was little and was aware of Santa, I said that Santa did not bring toys that required batteries. That was something I would consider getting him, depending upon what he asked for. Santa brought loads of stuffed animals, Duplo/Lego, etc. He actually asked Santa for a wolf the first time he sat on Santa's knee when he was 3. I shall never know why he asked for this thing, other than the fact that we had an Old English Sheepdog and I told him that this dog herded sheep and protected them from wolves. Anyway, Santa was a bit shocked and was not sure what to say.

Yesterday, my son asked for a new Logitech Super Treo set of keyboard, cordless optical mouse and minicam. :(

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks Sinc, for asking the question.
Thanks to all the responders as well ;)

My wife wants me to decide which mouse I want for my Al PB. Isn't Christmas fun?

Bluetooth sounds the best for the PB. I guess the choice is between the MS and Logitech?

I've seen the MS mouse at Future Shop. Any suggestions who carries the Logitech in GTA?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Sinc, I believe you need at least 1000 posts to be considered a "great mind" here in ehMacLand. Between 2000-3000 you are considered "most wise"; 3000-4000 a philosopher; 4000-5000 a sage; 5000+ posts just plain crazy.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Dr. G - I thought post counts didn't matter here. We're all cool here at ehMac, just some are more "vocal" then others. :confused:

I'll stick with post count not counting for now ;) Quality Over Quantity.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do believe that the good Dr. was attempting to make a "funny" in reference to my "great minds think alike" comment, Chealion.

At least that is the way that I took it. Post numbers as you state, do not make much difference to me, other than perhaps giving me some idea how active a person has been as member of ehMac.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.