Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a beige G3 desktop with 9.2.2 and a high-speed 'lite' connection to the internet and a 3400 powerbook with 8.6. I would like to set up a wireless station connected to the G3 and get a PCMCIA card in the powerbook so I can access email and the web from around the house. If I could access files on the G3 that would be fantastic, but not a necessity.

So, is it possible? Does it make sense? If so, what type of equipment should I look for? Anything I see for 'stations' always seems to be Windows-orientated. Do they come with software/drivers to configure? Or just plug in and go?

Any comments or links would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
I've found the Linksys Wireless router to be Mac/Win user friendly. Easy to understand and a free 800 tech line should you require it. Modem into the WAN port G3 machine into port 2 and your 3400c will connect wireless. The only obstacle you may have is if there's a Wireless card compatible with you 3400c and you'll need to update the OS to 9.2.2 on the 3400c for AirPort wireless support. I think Agere purchased WaveLAN from Lucent I've installed a couple on OS 9 PB G3's worked like a charm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts