Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Veeeeerrrryyyy interesting. Is this a new software company? I don't find a lot of information on their site except a roster of email addresses.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I can't wait to see this one go to court. :rolleyes:

Then again, this company is really being obnoxious by putting out a clone of Expose from Mac OS X, so it deserves to be sued. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
DAMN you, Pgant! I was going to post this BEFORE you, but I got sidetracked watching Trump's "The Apprentice" :D

Man, Apple oughtta shut this down, FAST.

I can't believe how BLATANT a rip-off this is! Or, is it?? I ask this, because I'll bet y'all here that those crooks completely missed the drag-and-drop capabilities of Apple's Exposé. It's a subtle thing that eludes those who look no deeper than the surface and WE all know these ones:

1) Use Exposé to show the desktop, grab a document off the Desktop, "Exposé" the windows back and drop the document into one of them.

2) Grab text from a browser web page (say, the text in a forum edit window or text from any web page selected via a mouse-drag), Exposé the app windows WHULE HOLDING DOWN THE MOUSE BUTTON with the selected text, choose another window, pop it up and DROP THE TEXT IN.

I'll bet this rip-off won't do it. problem is, I don't own a PeeCee, or else i would buy it to see (notice there's no demo version?). Can I suggest to one of our PC using ehMac citizens to buy it and try it? I wish I could, just to see if they pulled it off COMPLETELY.

[ January 08, 2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Macaholic ]

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Well It had to happen, the only issue is that these guys are so stupid to Fluant it by calling it WinExpose, they will be sued back to the stone age.

Too Bad, great idea, I'll be using it on my work PC.... that and ObjectDoc... I'm set, pretty close to the Mac UI, enough so that I'll tolerate having to work on a PC

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Well I took one for the team and paid the ten bucks... very VERY SLOW... almost unusable.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Da_JONSEY SAID:

"Well I took one for the team"

LOL! :D

Da-jonesey, can you do all that rag-dropping stuff that i nwas windering about?? I got my integrity to maintain here, and I put it on the line with my guesses as to WinExposee's shortcomings.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
You can't do s**t with it... it really sucks.

I don't mind that they ripped off the idea, at least write some quality code like Apple did in the first place.

You can only point to window to select it... NOTHING ELSE

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
i think this is a fairly mickey mouse operation. they're soliciting partnership opportunities on the first page of their website...

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
FOLKS!

A thread about this at the XvsXP forums:

my post here

No live window updating. No drag and drop. it SUCKS! maybe that's their way out of a lawsuit with Apple? THEY FAILED TO PULL IT OFF, SUCCESSFULLY! :D

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Plagiarism is the sincerest form of complement....

It is pathetic how the entire look and feel is modeled on Exposé down to the hot spot control panel. But its hardly surprising its slow becasue Exposé (the real thing) relies heavily on Quartz Extreme for its fluidity and elegance.

You may look like a Mac, but you ain't the real thing, baby. Apple would do well just to mock this attempt at copying as a perfect example of why Windows will never equate OS X.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
OK... not only did I take a bullet on this... but now the offensive little app has completely hung my pc!!!!

Windows of any flavour sucks SSSSOOOOOOOO bad!!!!!!

I have a half hour of unsaved work just hanging by a thread right now... and the wex.exe (Winexpose) is the cause... And it's a nasty hang at that as any attemptd to bring up the task manager spawns a new task manager... I have 8 taskman.exe process running and I can't get into the process to kill wex.exe

This sucks so badly.... Thank God I have my 12" PB G4 by my side... hums along no problems ever...

·
Registered
778 Posts
windows sucks...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts