Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...
I just got a Wii (WHICH I LOVE)
And I'm going to school next year (away from home) so I wanted to bring the Wii with. I don't really want to bring a TV with me, so I wanted to know what you'd recommend for me to play Wii on my Mac - I have heard of Elegato / eyeTV... But don't know anything about them.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
439 Posts
i'm sorry to say that playing your wii through an eyetv product will be a bit of a let down. i bought 2 different miglia-eyetv units to try and play wii on my mac. first i owned a tvmax but there was a full second of latency when playing. then i did all this research and learned that other models(cheaper ones) had this setting called "game mode" which was supposed to solve the problem of latency. here's a link to the page:

Elgato Systems

i bought the 250 and put it in "game mode" and there is a lot less latency but it's still there enough to make it really annoying. it looks great, sounds great and you can even record a vid of the game your playing but the delayed reaction on the controls suck. it's not my computer as i have a macpro with 2 gigs of ram. you would think in this day and age they could make a product that would do this perfectly.

if anyone knows how to fix the problem of playing wii on your mac let us know!

thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry to say that playing your wii through an eyetv product will be a bit of a let down. i bought 2 different miglia-eyetv units to try and play wii on my mac. first i owned a tvmax but there was a full second of latency when playing. then i did all this research and learned that other models(cheaper ones) had this setting called "game mode" which was supposed to solve the problem of latency. here's a link to the page:

Elgato Systems

i bought the 250 and put it in "game mode" and there is a lot less latency but it's still there enough to make it really annoying. it looks great, sounds great and you can even record a vid of the game your playing but the delayed reaction on the controls suck. it's not my computer as i have a macpro with 2 gigs of ram. you would think in this day and age they could make a product that would do this perfectly.

if anyone knows how to fix the problem of playing wii on your mac let us know!

thanks
I was reading the reviews on the Apple website it looked like an OK proposition. I wish I could try it. Is Miglia this same as Elgato?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts