Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let other wireless types know... the Ceilidh Cafe in Halifax (Barrington St.) is still wireless, though they now will charge you per 30 minutes for usage.

However, since you get a free 1/2 hour with your food, it's still a great place to drop in and check your mail, etc. I brought a friend to lunch today, so Fiona gave me two half-hour allotments.

With regard to WiFi generally in Halifax, there are many more access points popping up. Many are password-protected, but still, oddly, very few people have enabled WEP.

Get your Airport card today!

M.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if you're a member of the Chebucto Community Net http://www.chebucto.ca , $20/year for text-dialup and webmail or $100/year unlimited PPP, you can hook into our WAP on Dalhousie Campus, in the area around the Math & Stats building (bordering on the parking lot facing Howe Hall).

Note that we do have WEP enabled, so you'll need to drop by the CCN office to get a key.

:D
M

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't forget all the libraries - you just need your library card number.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I can tell you that the library in Annapolis Royal (I know, I know...2.5 hours from Halifax) has an open wifi connection. When I moved here 3 years ago I used to sit outside and upload files. I was working for a web dev company in Vancouver and we had to wait 6 weeks before we could get a high speed connection hooked up here at the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts