ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 1168 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original username chrisburke turned up banned today.. No explanation, no warning, banned forever... And for the life of me, I don't know why, as I can't recall anything mean ivedone or said othe forum in a very long time... As far as I know, ive been very civil lately... Can someone please explain... I'm sure that this account will get banned too. But please, before it's banned, please let me know what ive done, because I'm really at a loss...

If I was banned for something I did, that's fine, I can take it... I just want to know what I did, because as I said, I'm at a loss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Did you ask the mayor? And why have you been reinstated under almost the same name if you've been banned?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ask the mayor? And why have you been reinstated under almost the same name if you've been banned?
I've sent him a message.. as for question 2.. i must have already had the second account created, because i went to create a second account so I could post to figure out what was up, and my username was in use.. so i figured it must have been me.. did a password reset, and it was..

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
The attachment shows what happened.

Someone posted spam, the spam message was replied to and quoted, thus reposting the spam link.

ehMac spam security software then took over when it was reported and spam deletion went into action.

Please, please, PLEASE do not quote spam links.

In fact, please don't reply to spam at all, even with comments like "Spam reported" etc... . Please just report the spam, and one of the mods will get to it shortly. I'd rather have 10 people reporting the spam with no replies, then just 1 person reporting it with a reply to the spam in the thread.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
It's kind of like seeing someone going 160 KM's on the highway, and then speeding up to 160 KM's yourself and then phoning the the police while booking it to report there is someone going 160 KM. :)

Kinda. :)

·
Premium Member
42,278 Posts
I thought he was banned for saying he used Tapatalk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Considering its a great app, and I know mayor said its one of his top 5 apps, and it's something for this forum.. Why would I be banned for that..

Also.. Really? Their are people on this forum with really long and annoying signatures, and you're going to try and complain about my sig that has 6 words

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Considering its a great app, and I know mayor said its one of his top 5 apps, and it's something for this forum.. Why would I be banned for that..

Also.. Really? Their are people on this forum with really long and annoying signatures, and you're going to try and complain about my sig that has 6 words

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts

·
Palindromic Pooch
10,621 Posts
Big word that we need a dictionary for reported.

Complicated order! Sakurity!
Report reported.

Hmm, maybe I should get a second account, so I can talk to myself here, like I do at home, in the car, at work . . .

1 - 20 of 1168 Posts