Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some days now ehMac has been very slow to load pages. At first I thought it was my MBP, but in trying other sites, that is not the case. This morning it is taking a full 30 seconds for a post to upload.

I've checked my speeds and they are normal as is the operation of any other site I visit.

Why the "hang time" here this past week and particularly this morning when only 126 are on line?

And now on the first attempt to upload this very post, I get "Safari can't find the server." What's with that?

Now I will attempt to post again and will time it.

Well it timed out after 23 seconds and I again got "Safari can't find the server."

Trying again . . .

EDIT: Post successful after 17 second hang time. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
The site is really fast here.

Perhaps its because the DNS got changed, and it takes some DNS serviers to update longer than others? :confused: Maybe it has to hop around a little more in some areas.

Maybe give it a couple more days and see what its like. If its still slow, I'll address it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
EhMac was not only slow today, but I lost the better part of a post earlier...I deleted the rest since it didn't make sense any more.
Seems something is being overloaded.

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Most days are fine tho earlier today it seemed to hang just as it was about to complete a post.
Biggest issue for me is having to log in - not remembering - did the same on two different Macs.

Ideas on that??

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
I had to log in again on my G5 at home and also on my WinXP Dell at work, but just once - perhaps the work that was done invalidated cookies or whatever and they had to be updated. Still no speed issues at all.

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
I had to log in again after ehmac came back up (after it was off line for a few days), but not since then.
However, ehMac is less stable than before and also not any faster than it was previously.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
The site is lightning fast here with no posting problems.

Try clicking this link to delete all your ehMac.ca cookies and logging in.

As for speed, give it a few days as some DNS servers over the internet may still be updating.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Yeah, interesting. ehMac was unresponsive several times throughout the day.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts