Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just trying to look up a thread called Pet Corner. Simple right? Nope not on ehMac, I got a whole bunch of garbage. It has always been this way.

EhMac should get out of the stoneage when it comes to their search function. It would take a first year undergrad in computer science probably all of about 30 - 60 minutes to make it work properly. Of course I could be exaggerating, but it has been dysfunctional ever since I was here starting in 2007.

·
Premium Member
23,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,776 Posts
duckduckgo.com is an alternate search engine that:

Does not store your personal information
Does not bombard you with ads
Does not track you.

Another good alternative with similar claims is startpage.com
Startpage offers similar benefits but does utilize googles search engine. They simply provide a layer of insulation betwixt you and Google.

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Does not track you.

Startpage offers similar benefits but does utilize googles search engine. They simply provide a layer of insulation betwixt you and Google.
Thank you so much eMacMan for the information. Much appreciated. All the best.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I find that I can find things I want in the advanced search pretty easily.

If not, I just go to Google and type site:ehmac.ca (keywords), and that usually works.

But I agree... the search in vBulletin could be better.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
But I agree... the search in vBulletin could be better.
I especially find it useful to have it eliminate short words from its vocabulary--like CD or PC.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I especially find it useful to have it eliminate short words from its vocabulary--like CD or PC.
If I recall correctly... it won't recognise any 2 or 3 letter words. For 3 letter words/acronyms to work, those had to be added... like PPC, RAM, SSD etc...

I think. :)

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
If I recall correctly... it won't recognise any 2 or 3 letter words. For 3 letter words/acronyms to work, those had to be added... like PPC, RAM, SSD etc...

I think. :)
Yeah... you used to do special requests!

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

Does not track you.

i use duck duck go daily - sometimes have to resort to google as it is unfortunately limited in results ..but yes duck duck is my default search engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts