Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is too long. That's why. It would also be prohibitively expensive to buy the airtime for something that length...and a lot of people would refuse to sit through a mni-infomercial about a PowerBook.

·
Registered
570 Posts
for the Macworlds but don't show those on TV? I just watched the video for the PowerBook and was thinking that would make an awsome TV commercial.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
heres my question
Why does apple not do commercials that actually show the product actually DOING something.
You see PC makers showing their stuff and software running etc, apple just shows the hardware, and I agree that the beauty of the hardware is eyecatching and makes you want it, but if they don't see that it is actually fucntional, why bother?
Its like getting a Porche Mod kit for a Pinto, looks real nice, but what does it do? (besides smoke like grandpa at Christmas)

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I agree with MacDaddy. A while ago this topic came up on a thread and I took this point of view. It seems other Mac users think it's sufficient for Apple to put up their logo and say, "Think Different". This shopuld make converts?...I have my doubts (By the way, it should be "Think Differently")

1 - 4 of 4 Posts