Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a lot of email regarding various hobbies etc. Recently this message has begun to appear as a signature for several of my American "friends"

Please take a few minutes to send a heart felt message to an American Soldier fighting in Iraq for our freedom.
Do our southern neighbours really think they are in Iraq fighting for American freedom? When were they not "free"? Will they be more "free" when they finally admit they're not doing any good over there and send the troops home?

Have I misunderstood what's going on in the world?

Margaret

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
Do our southern neighbours really think they are in Iraq fighting for American freedom? When were they not "free"? Will they be more "free" when they finally admit they're not doing any good over there and send the troops home?

Ask Harper...
His message yesterday was even more stalwart, although the words no longer echoed the gunslinger idiom favoured by U.S. President George W. Bush.

Still, the thrust was the same.

"Terrorism will come home if we don't confront it" in Afghanistan, where the Taliban is waging a stubborn insurgency, the Prime Minister said.
globeandmail.com: No early exit for Canadian forces, Harper says

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have another question. The "word" is that unless we go over there and beat the crap out of them, they will come here.

If some b'tard came to my town and started beating the stuffing out of us, I think we could spare a few souls to sneak over into their town and bomb the mayor's house - only makes sense.

But, since us nord americanos have been over there, there has been no terrorist activity over here at all - sure there are reports of bad guys sneaking around, but that's always been the case.

If the terrorists are so "terrible" wouldn't they think - "darn those people have come into our country and causing trouble, let's go and get them where they live"

I don't usually agree with Rosie, and I don't know what her intention was, but it's been reported that she called the US military "terrorists" - I've called them that and I'm not going to reneg and say I was misunderstood.

But what do I know

Margaret

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
I get a lot of email regarding various hobbies etc. Recently this message has begun to appear as a signature for several of my American "friends"

Margaret
Because of Bush, Chaney et al they have mortgaged the future of the Excited States to pay for the "peace" in Iraq, they shall never be free.

Especially if they default on the mortgage to China. The USA taken over without a shot fired. :eek:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Margaret, this is exactly the logic that was used against me when I was applying for my Conscientious Objector status way back in 1970 during the height of the war in Vietnam. Had a vast array of WMD actually had been found, there might be some justification for this reasoning. However, the same sorts of fears that drove the US down the road of darkness in Vietnam is being replayed in Iraq.

·
Premium Member
42,905 Posts
Gosh, Big DL--if the Americans can be overtaken so easily, Canada must be a bunch of real chumps to be taken over by those U.S. pantywaists.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Gosh, Big DL--if the Americans can be overtaken so easily, Canada must be a bunch of real chumps to be taken over by those U.S. pantywaists.
Gee walked right into it. :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks to your favorite politician Paul Martin, we are fiscally in much better shape than Bush's USA hence the current value of the Canadian dollar.

It isn't that Canada is that highly thought of, as I and many others would hope, in reality the world just thinks that poorly of the USA. :D

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have another question. Why is it ok for the USofA to have "weapons of mass destruction" but nobody else can? and if the USofA suspects another country of having WMDs why does the world allow the US to march in there.

Somebody should tell the US that they don't own the world.

The Iraqis were not free - granted, but are they more free now - not that I can see, nor does it look like they will be free any time soon.

My original quote:
Please take a few minutes to send a heart felt message to an American Soldier fighting in Iraq for our freedom.
How is America's freedom in jeopardy? BS.

Margaret

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Amerika wants to be the world referee and world champ title holder...the mike tyson of the world...and if someone threatens them they bite thier ear off...:clap: kidding, the US has some insecurity issues and some control issues...I am not really a fan of the US or it's policies and beliefs. I find them annoying and the school yard bullish attitude is tiring...

that signature is called "Brainwashing" and it works on people's fears...what we aren't free anymore....kripes....go soldier go! it's a tactic the US uses very well...

·
Premium Member
18,005 Posts
Well, then, let's suggest a counter-signature!

"America: Defender of Freedom and Democracy:

Guatemala 1953-1954

In 1950, following his election as president, Jacobo Arbenz nationalized uncultivated land belonging to the U.S.-owned United Fruit Company. He offered to pay the assessed value, but the Eisenhower administration accused him of being a communist, and the CIA and the United States Information Service initiated a global smear campaign against him. Eisenhower then ordered the CIA to overthrow Arbenz, which occured in 1954, and UFC's land was returned. From that time forward, Guatemala has suffered under a sequence of brutal dictators and paramilitary groups. (Quigley, John. The Ruses for War: American Interventionism Since World War II. Buffalo: Prometheus, 1992. )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts