Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the demo on our Power Mac G5 last night, and wow, what a sweet game. However, when we played the outdoor level, with the vehicles, performance was pretty bad, if not down-right horrible.

In the indoor levels, we get around 45 frames-per-second, but on average, on the outdoor level, we got a maximum of abotu 22 fps, average around 16, lowest probably under 10 fps.

Running OS X 10.3.2, latest graphics drivers and other updates. Specs: Power Mac G5 1.6 GHz, 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 64 MB DDR (8X-AGP).

Time for a Radeon 9800 Pro!

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
man, I have tried to download and install it a few times, and it's JUST NOT WORKING :mad:

Downloading big game demos is a pain, because the bandwidth at at the Mac gaming sites is so slow. Any demos of UT'04 I've downloaded just boot... then nothing. I don't know what the hell the problem is.

I'd love to try it out on my rig. UT'03 plays very smooth on it. but, if UT'04 is bringing your G5 to its knees, my rig will certainly struggle with it as well.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I haven't put UT2K4 through its paces on my 12" PB but the test run (an assault map) went just fine. Trackpads do not make great mice for an FPS game.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
I downloaded it on Saturday morning (six hours almost on Rogers Cable). It seems to play pretty well but I haven't even tried the outdoor levels yet. Personally, I can't believe how pathetic my aim is and I fought through Marathon pretty easily!

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I've got the demo and it really plays well, except the sound is a little buggy.

What!? Somebody wanna rumble? Le' me know where and when.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts