I think some of you are a wee bit over-protective here. Mac OS X update 10.2.8 was a disaster for some Macs, but the fix patch that was released just shortly after fixed all the problems, yet some of you are still worried that 10.3 Panther wil crash and burn your machine(s). Some how I highly doubt 10.3 will put half of all Mac users out of business. But whatever floats your boat.
If reactions are good after the first couple of weeks, I'll get it then (and after corresponding with a developer regarding speed gains on older hardware, I fully expect reactions to be good). But if there seems to be some trouble I'll wait for 10.3.1 - why mess with 2 perfectly good Jaguar installations?!
I don't think they charge your credit card until the product ships ...
I'm buying - if I have the willpower I will be waiting a few days before I install it. Font Book, Expose', Fast User Switching and the new Finder all look great. Also reports are that Cubase SX runs faster on it.
I ordered a copy for home the moment I found out it was available. The fast user switching is a must-have feature for our home, where my wife and our homeschooled son share an iMac.
I will be upgrading my work computer at some point, but I might wait a couple of weeks to move completely over, to make sure the bugs are ironed out. (Then again, I might be overcome with impatience and upgrade it right away as well.)
WHOA! I just headed over to the Apple Store US and I saw that Panther was $129. I knew this already and that was what I was expecting to pay. But... my brother-in-law is a teacher at a Junior High down there in Washington and I thought... I mine as well check it out =):
$69!! That is AWESOME! Now... I just have to remember to tell him to bring his school ID to the Apple Store..... =)