Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not convinced that will delay the launch to the 24 countries on the 25th, the demand in the states seems like the bigger threat to that. No body knows how long before shortages of those parts would actually begin to affect iPad 2 production, as well who knows when the iPad 2s set to be sold on the 25th were actually made.

Then there is also this Apple's component deals should help it weather Japan crisis | Apple - CNET News

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to me everyone has been expecting a delay from the word go just because it happened last year with iPad 1, but apple has had huge demands with the iphone in the past and never delayed the international launches of those.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Pretty sure I can wait until things calm down. Good grief. It's a iPad. Not the end of all wars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
So much speculation. I'll add more.
Ok, Apple announced a specific date for the international launch this year. Last year it was just 'April'.
If Apple is announcing a specific date, with so many countries, you can bet its been putting aside iPads for that launch.
You don't don't just say you're launching in 25 countries and then just hope you can make enough iPads in 2 weeks to fill the orders.
Will Apple dip into its international batch for Americans? It could, but it's unlikely it has since the delay online is 4-5 weeks. Could that change in a week? Sure but unlkely.
As for parts from Japan - been reading and talking to business people. They say a huge company like Apple will already have PLENTY of the parts needed to keep rolling out devices. Where the problem could arise is with the launch of the next device - likely the iPhone 5.
But again, it's all speculation.
If there is going to be a delay, Apple will likely announce it today. Always give bad news on a Friday. Otherwise, I think the international launch is still a go.

Reactions: greensuperman32

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ericlewis91 thanks for the info, glad some retailer is giving a time, although future shop could always end up wrong.

KMPhotos that has been my thinking all along, it is what makes the most sense to me. When apple gave an exact date this time I figured they knew no matter what happened with sales in the US that they would have enough for the other 25 countries. Apple knew they would sell like crazy in the US, this is not their first time releasing a highly anticipated product, they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think ill just wait a week or two, or drop by a walmart...

I dont wanna sit and wait for 5 hours in line

I feel the Canadian launch wont be that bad, I was at futureshop the day of the original release several hours later and there was still stock

·
Registered
403 Posts
More proof the iPad 2 isn't being delayed?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I emailed on of the resellers here and this is what they sent me '
(didnt think you could pre-order)

"Hi Eric,

Due to the extreme popularity of the iPad 2 our initial shipment is quite
limited and has already been filled by customers who have already
pre-ordered it.

In turn what this means is that on March 25th we will not be able to sell
any iPad 2 over
the counter as a brand new sale if you have not already pre-ordered it.

We are now taking orders for our second shipment of iPad 2, so if you'd
like me to add you to that list I can definitely do that.

Right now we are estimating that our second shipment of iPad 2 will be
arriving 2-3 weeks after the iPad 2 launch.

If you're interested please let me know and I can add your order right
away"

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll likely order online and hope for the best! Most Apple stores will have limited stock, and other sellers will have 2-3 on hand (I'm guessing). There have been issues regarding the first batch having a backlight leak. It might be a good idea to wait it out. The sad part is that 1-2 months from now, the thing will be closer to obsolete!

·
Registered
403 Posts
ipadincanada says 8am apple stores

why wouldnt futureshop be the same?
It's all just speculation right now until Apple officially announces it.
In the UK, lots of resellers are telling customers it's a 5pm launch. If true, it'll likely be the same here.
Again though, this is all just speculation until Apple announces the time.
Hopefully today or tomorrow. Pricing would be nice too.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts