Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here is going to a panther launch?? should i go earlier?? what kind of line-up can i expect?? :D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Neema from ehMac went to one... lucky guy! How's that line up? :D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Does the one happening at Westworld here in Calgary count? If so, I'm going to drop in on one.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm down at the Toronto Carbon ight now. Nobody yet. i hope i get to test drive Panther on the Dual G5 alone. woohoo. LOL.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey Ryan, you're the guy I was just talking to. I am going to have to take that 17" PowerBook you're on into the back soon to install Panther!

Good to see we have a die-hard Mac fan waiting more than an hour in the store for Panther!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I was thinking of driving down to Calgary to go to my mac dealer (thats the name) and check out the panther launch...still deciding...I guess I will sleep in my new bed (couch) if the wife finds out though
hehe...maybe I will pick up flowers on the way home.. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
i just got back from the mother of all launch parties:

i was at the buffalo walden galleria apple store to pick up panther.

the lineup was nuts. there were easily over 150 people there lined up, which was astounding compared to the size of the place. we were killing some time, goin over to krispy kreme and stuff, and we got there about 15 mins. before 8. it was incredible, the lineup.

they were letting people in a few at a time, but i basically bought panther and left. there were demos of everything, and every computer was running panther, including the new G4 ibooks. really sweet.

there is a draw for someone to win an imac, and it was 10% off all hardware in the store for the night.

on my way out, they were handing out panther dogtags. i snagged two cuz my fiancee was with me.

...we were there waiting-- all this for software!!

it was pretty cool, though.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Here at Westworld, Panther has been released and Exposé is so much fun
Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sitting here with Chealion at westworld typing on the new 15" Powerbook G4 :D and loving it. Chealion is right Expose KICK A$$, lol.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
NOW y'all see what got me off 9 finally.

Panther is just plain terrific.
Just run those tuneup apps lots to keep the speed and yes Exposé is a real must for those with lots of apps and screen real estate that gets filled up.
We'd like to hear the perceived "speed up" from a variety of machines.
It's kinda hard NOT to be quick on a G5 so I'd like to hear tales about this quick cat on earlier Macs. :cool:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Wow... I got the short end of the stick. I was a few hours away from attending what might have been the biggest one:

I was @ the NY SoHo store today (more on that later), but I was contemplating hanging around for the launch, but I really had to hit the road and wanted to limit the night driving... :(

The staff that I was talking to were telling me that they were gearing up for madness... told me about the planned giveaways etc... :(

I should have stayed! :rolleyes:

H!

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was on my way out the door last night at around 6:30 pm heading to Carbon for the Panther event and I ended up getting paged to go into work. No problem, I thought, they're open until midnight. Of course that meant that I wouldn't get out of work until after 2 am. Why me?

Guess I'll head out today to get my copy. Although somehow it just doesn't seem the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts