1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two "1 million" downloads in 3 days
1) 1 million iTunes for WIndows[+]
2) 1 million _songs_ combined

... Windows users have downloaded more than one million copies of its new iTunes(TM) for Windows digital jukebox software in just three and a half days since its launch last Thursday, and over one million songs have been purchased and downloaded by iTunes users in the same period.

[...]

An astounding 14 million songs have been purchased and downloaded since the original iTunes Music Store launch in April, solidifying the iTunes Music Store's position as the number one download music service in the world.

link

[+] Actually 999,997 since Chealion downloaded thrice

[ October 20, 2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Script Kiddie ]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thankyou for the update Script Kiddie.

I read in another article today that some people predict Napster to be a dominant e-music store. I personally feel that iTunes Music Store has a great structure and will be an industry leader. I just hope that the PeeCee users will abandon windows media files and give iTunes a try.

My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
stand_1998 - A lot of people who tried out iTunes have loved it and praised it on their Longhorn sites.

Site 1
Site 2
Site 3
Site 4 (Slashdot review)

Script Kiddie - I know that the one million iTunes downloads aren't only Windows users, as I've downloaded iTunes for Windows 3 times myself. (1 for work PC, 1 for Mom's PC networked with our Mac, and 1 for my friend). The selling 1 million songs however I think should have been stressed more as that shows that users are actually using the service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts