Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a followup to the Will Wheaton post, but I thought it would be neat to start a thread about well-known Mac users. To start off:

Every US President since the dawn of the destop era (Ron Regan, George Bush, Bill Clinton and George Junior).

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
The writer, Stephen King, who was born in Maine, has offered to create a telementoring website to teach 7th graders how to write. Maine has put an iBook into the hands of every grade 7 and 8 student in the state, and Apple has placed Airports in every school for wireless internet connections.

·
Premium Member
31,002 Posts
Good question.
We counted Harrison Ford a short term client when he was in town shooting K-19. Our staff found him quite amiable.

Director Guy Norris rented a couple of iMacs for he and his kids while shooting in Toronto.

Sylvia Tyson wandered in one night with her Mac guru in tow to pick up her first computer.

Seinfeld apparently had a TAM on his show always.

Talking with a consultant in the US he said he got snagged by I believe Deniro for a permanent "on staff" position for his Mac. Nice job eh.
:eek:

The Hermitage staff in Moscow use a Macdoc Mac to catalogue their art - some of which is being shown in Toronto right now.

Those are all that come to mind from personal experience but Kawasiki's page had lots of famous users listed.

I'm surprised about the Presidents given the White House mind set about "non-standard" stuff. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I use one ;)

I know that many journalists and creative artists are now using macs. The one guy, can't remember name, who switched for a month is now hopelessly in love with his iMac... and many other people, can't think of any names right now. :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
In the Canadian stand-up comedy world we have:
Me-Daryl Makk-Calgary
Mark Breslin (founder of Yuk Yuks)
other Canadian comics include
Brian Stollery-Calgary
Tim Lowing-Vancouver
Tommy Campbell- T.O.
Tony Krolo-T.O.
Stu Hughs (comic & founder of FunnyFest) Calgary
Bryan Cox-Saskatoon
Johhny Gardhouse-T.O.
These are the ones in Canada that I know of and the list is growing.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Jed Rees, currently starring as Anson on the Chris Isaak Show, uses an iMac 17" which I sold him.

Drew Carey uses Macs, at home and on his show(s).

Danny Elfman composes music on his set of Macs.

Ken Allen Jr., a DJ on 97 KISS FM here in vancouver uses an iMac I sold him.

There are more that I can't remember for sure. I am pretty sure the Jeff goldblum uses a Mac at home.

--PB

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Luke Perry
Tony Hawk
Aerosmith
Backstreet Boys
Jann Arden
Barbera Walters
Blue Man Group

·
Registered
105 Posts
How can anyone forget Trent Reznor?

- I once read he thought his addiction to version tracker should be monitored.

Let's see who else... Moby, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

That's all I can't think of right now.
:D

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
One of the most popular writers of our time and the author of "The Sum of all Fears" "Hunt for Red October" "Patriot Games" "Clear and Present Danger" etc.

None other than Tom Clancy hisself! This guy is so clued in on what is really happening in the world that he actually is invited to regularly LECTURE the CIA and the FBI!

Even though he has never been a member of either!

And he is a MacMan par extrordinaire! :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Yo-Yo Ma! How cool is that?

Not to mention Kelly Slater, Tony Hawk and DJ Q-Bert.

Anyone seen the new switch ads?
Yo Yo Ma and two others.

--PB

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macdoc:

We counted Harrison Ford a short term client when he was in town shooting K-19. Our staff found him quite amiable.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you say he was in town shooting K-19, do you mean in Mississauga? I heard from my mom in Manitoba that the part where the sub breaks through the ice and the men are playing was shot by Gimli on Lake Winnipeg. He came in for one day, shot the scene and left.

·
Premium Member
31,002 Posts

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Now THAT'S a comprehensive list! :D

Wow...even Boris Yeltsin uses a Mac. Probably in those oh-so-short periods of time between bleary hangover and the next blinding drunk.

Gee...sounds a bit like me!

·
Premium Member
31,002 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I saw the band The Watchmen a few months ago, they had a G3 PowerBook on stage with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.