Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are now able to see the neighbors eavestrough across the street from us. Yes, we still have heaps of snow left over from Winter, with more snow coming down this morning. There is still an average of 4-5 feet of snow on the ground. For the first time in my 42 years, I can say that I am getting tired of Winter. How about you? How have you fared the Winter months?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
csonni, greetings my Labrador friend. Yes, winter has not been easy this year. Two winters ago, we received 21+ feet of snow here in St.John's, breaking the record of 1888. We experienced 13 blizzards in the run of 7 weeks. Last winter, for some strange reason, we only received about a dozen feet of snow and experienced the warmest summer on record. This past winter, which was the 6th worst in terms of snow, we received 17+ feet of snow. It was a colder winter (students of mine from Labrador said that it was just like at home -- very cold and dry). We had colder weather here, but more sun. We actually had the return of our January rains, which kept the huge mounds of snow down. There is still snow in my backyard, but I was out raking up the dried leaves from the fall out of my front garden, and our crocus are up. This is not to say that tomorrow we won't receive 20cm of snow (and thus, I have not put away my snow shovels). Still, there is hope.

Thus, it is only a matter of time before you too will be touched by the warmth of spring. I think that we here in NL appreciate springtime moreso than many others across Canada, in that really fine weather may be so very rare at times here in our beautiful province.

Keep the Faith.

Since this is the Anything Mac thread, how have you found your Mac experience to be in an area where there does not seem to be local access to direct purchase of Mac products?

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Sorry to hear that you still have snow on the ground and in the air :( , I just finished cleaning up all of last years leaves and put them out for recycling, I have reseeded my front lawn and our plants are starting to come up.
Spring is in the air in Ontario, I hope Spring comes to your neck of the woods soon.

Regards,
David.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Ottawa is slated for another 5cm - 10cm of snow tomorrow. Cripes...I was out on the balcony most of the weekend...enjoying temps close to or in their 20s.

I am fed up of winter!!!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Vert - I was just in Ottawa this weekend. Sunday was just beautiful. Whoa... nice enought to wash 3 cars! Nice enough that I didn't even fire the lap up. But also heard about the snow. This is insane. I mean - when are we able to put the winter coats away? Sheesh...

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dr G- Being a Mac user in this neck of the woods isn't a problem at all. Believe it or not, the local Radio/TV department in Nain (OKalaKatiget) have become Mac users in the video editing department. I was able to help them with some of their hardware solutions. As for me, I do all my ordering through various outlets over the Internet. Seems quick enough for me. It's amazing what kind of transactions can be done online now. Sure is a "lifesaver" for some.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Does it have anything to do with the Apple Ice Book?
Seeing as this is in the "Anything Mac" forum I thought it was going to be about the white "snow" iBooks.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
csonni, glad to hear that you are able to get what you need up in Labrador. We have the Mac Consortium here at MUN, with educational discounts of apx. 5%. Various labs and profs have state of the art Macs, but overall, MUN is still a Wintel University. Such is Life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts