Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a Wacom Intuos drawing tablet, but not the pen. I need to test the tablet to see if it works, and wondered if anyone in the central part of Toronto has one. I just need to pop over for a minute to use your pen to see if my tablet works.

Only the pen from the original Intuos will work - not Intuos 2, Graphire, etc. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
You could just order a replacement pen.. if I had a tablet.. I would offer the services of my pen to you.. but alas.. no tablet and not GTA...

RtC

·
Registered
470 Posts
rod - are you sure an Intuos2 pen won't work? You can try mine.

Rick is right. There must be a thousand places where you could get a replacement pen.

I've had quite a number of Wacom products, without failures. If yours has a mouse that works, the pen will work.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could get a new replacement pen from Wacom, but it costs $50 (US). The point though is to first test thew tablet to make sure it works. No sense buying the pen if the tablet's toast.

Wacom's site says "This pen shipped standard with all Intuos Tablets. Will only work with Intuos tablets. Does not support Intuos2, ArtPad, ArtZ, UD, SD, PL and PenPartner tablets", so I need to use a pen that came with an Intuos tablet.

jtmac - good suggestion. I didn't think of that. I'll try to see if the mouse works.

Thanks everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts