Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We usually get our stuff from Sameday but lately there has been a lot of stuff coming Fedex. Sameday is not the greatest at tracking. They are even worse than Puro or UPS.
You call to track something and they say "We'll put a trace on it." Byt the time they get back to you, the package has usually been delivered.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
Depends where it's coming from, then there's the Apple distributors who receive your order from Apple. Distributors like Ingram Micro, in their case they make the call, it will not be Apple's dicision.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
my computers arrived by Same Day Right-O-Way (nice name you dingbats).

The tracking number is only effective during the parcels' Canadian stage of the trip. If their info page is telling you the number is invalid or not recognised - this means it has not cleared customs yet.

It took about two weeks between Apple emailing me a notice of shipment and finally being able to track the parcel on the Right-O-Way webpage. and then it was almost another week before the computers showed up and then it was delivered by an elderly husband and wife team in a family wagon. So we carried the computers in from the street ourselves. interesting delivery service... :confused:

another cockup... one of the reasons we ordered direct from apple was to take advantage of the apple deferred payment loan. No payments or interest for 6 months! But when we got the details by mail it turned out the "loan" through MBNA had a credit card interest rate of 18%! AND the deferred payment period was NOT interest free as the salesperson told me. which meant that about $400 of interest would have accumulated by the time the first payment was due. :eek:

So we paid the whole thing off immediately and still got dinged $70 interest. What a bargain! And such snappy service!

Thanks Same Day Right-O-Way!
Thanks MBNA!
Thanks Apple for choosing such great business partners! :rolleyes:

So I guess we will deal locally from now on!

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I've never had any problems with Sameday Right-O-Way. When I ordered an eMac, it actually arrived a day or two early. In fact, Apple called me to let me know that the courier had tried to drop the computer off, but there was no one home. Apple also asked if someone would be around the next day. I was very pleased with the service from both Apple and Sameday Right-O-Way.

I have no positive comments about MBNA, so I will not share them today.

James

·
Registered
433 Posts
Who does apple use to ship standard ground packages?

i want to track my package but i don't know who to track it with!

thanks, p.

·
Registered
433 Posts
mine won't show up either.... hrmmm.... i'm praying it shows up tomorrow.... would a delivery arrive on the weekend? or is it strictly a business day thing. i leave for whistler on sunday! i need panther before then!

p.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
There's a feeder ramp in Moncton, serviced from Montreal or if it's not overnight service, it'll be trucked from YMX.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
Yeah, YMX is Mirabel (Montreal) and I'm sure it's business as usual for fedex on Rememberance day. Not to worry, keep checking the tracking scans at their website.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,363 Posts
ErnstNF, sad but all too true. :(

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Nov 11, 2003 4:08 am

Left FedEx Ramp

MOUNT HOPE CA

3:03 am

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

MOUNT HOPE CA

Nov 10, 2003 8:45 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

WINNIPEG CA

1:04 pm

Package status

WINNIPEG CA

Released for Delivery

11:51 am

Package status

WINNIPEG CA

Package available for clearance

6:08 am

Left FedEx Ramp

WINNIPEG CA

6:08 am

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

WINNIPEG CA

Nov 8, 2003 4:29 pm

Held at Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

2:56 am

Held at Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

12:55 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

Nov 7, 2003 6:30 pm

Package status

ANCHORAGE AK

Released for Delivery

5:17 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

12:21 pm

Arrived at Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

ok.
where is mount hope?
im getting confused!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
moonsocket - California... FedEx uses the same code for Canada and California. :confused: Don't worry, its coming on its way.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It didn't moonsocket.

I think its at a place called Mount Hope, Canada. Says its near Hamiltion. Infact its prolly at Hanger 5 at the Hamilton Airport

http://www.tnb.fedex.com/about/canada.html

I did a search on google and thats what I found and im guessing thats what it means

1 - 20 of 34 Posts