Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Which platform do you play most of your games on?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you mainly use to play games? Mac? PC? Console?

For me, it's my Dreamcast. There is just an awesome number of great games for it. Too bad it didn't last.

Gaming on the mac just seems too costly for me. And the selection of games is small compared to the PC. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
I'm not voting because I currently only have a Mac. The poll may be better re-worded as, "given a choice, which platform would you rather be gaming on?". Or maybe that should be another poll? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
My brother who works for Digital Extremes once said that if you are serious about gaming, then invest in a gaming console and leave your computer for other things. Oh, one can play games for PC/Mac as we all know, but sometimes having a machine that is more a "jack-of-all-trades" can be a bad thing especially if a game goes bad (i.e., corrupts).

As far as computers for gaming are concerned, I understand that PCs are better. More options and upgrades. True?

·
Registered
363 Posts
perhaps the mac section should be split between 9 and x. i keep my old imac going with all my 9 games on it. it's really hard nowadays to game on a mac, because a lot of the new titles have ungodly system requirements. i've gone back to a lot of my old 9 games to fill the time.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
iLabmAn - PCs are better for gaming. There are many factors why but when it comes down to it, PCs are better. Personally I prefer consoles, but not owning a console, I'm content with my Gameboy Advance.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I use mainly macs because well thats all I have...as well I have a few games that actually look way better graphically wise..like unreal/ unreal tournament..quake etc and quake 2...I know that windows uses direct x blah blah..but the mac games using the latest open GL look really good as well...but overall I guess from what I hear PC's are still better..and in all reality if I owned a half decent PC thats all it would be used for is GAMES :D nothing else worth doing on a PC...

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I spend too much time on my PC as it is. I have a few games for it (EA Hockey, Need for Speed, Unreal Tournament), but my games are played on my PS2.

I'm not even considering the games factor when it comes to buying my Mac. I am considering the burning rage I have for windows, mind you...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So Ironmac...
Given a choice, which platform would you be gaming on?

I was also wondering...Who else owns a Dreamcast here? There's a couple of votes for it I noticed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I owned a Dreamcast until I moved out for university - I sold it. Great console, I loved it. Now I just play OS9 games in Classic, or if we're playing net games I borrow someone's PC for the LAN parties our floor has at UBC.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I own a Dreamcast, but voted for PC. The games for Dreamcast are really great and can hold their own against the newer games today IMO.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I find the limited number of games that the Mac community can access are of the higher quality. I don't play as hard as some but have enough to keep me busy and satisfied. I think I would rather pay the extra price for a Mac, then a PC or Console.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I'm the only one still playing Zelda's Majoras Mask on N64,
I'd have picked Mac as well if I could have chosen 2 picks.

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I currently own a PS2, Gamecube and a GBA. I am a strong believer that games are good for kids, it builds their hand eye coordination, and it is proven that kids who play games will later on develop good social skills.

As long as I own good gaming consoles for my kids I can consentrate on purchasing the greatest 'computer' that doesn't focus on gaming.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Dolawren,

I am playing (or am going to be playing) Majora's Mask! But on a GameCube.

I have two Macs, a PS2 and a GameCube and I have to say that I play the least games on my Mac, and the most on my PS2.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'd say it's pretty close between my Mac and my GameCube.

More on the Gamecube as of late, because my G4/450 lacks the needed system requirements for some of the more recent offerings. Although I have bought about an equal number of games for each this past year (14 Mac Games vs. 16 GameCube Games)

On the up side for Mac, I have traded in about 6 of those GameCube games, because they weren't that good.

:cool:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
My youngest son has a PS2.

I have my 700 Mhz eMac and 1 Ghz Powerbook.

We both have a copy of Tiger Woods PGA, his 2004 and mine 2003.

The game on his PS2 looks anemic compared to on either of my Macs. He is amazed by the graphics and sound on the Mac as compared to PS2.

Guess what I find him playing on more times than he will admit?

Cheers

:D

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Well, over the holidays, had a look at PS2 and found out that the graphics simply aren't as good as on a PC. I currently play Civ III a LOT on my 933 but I've been leaning towards building a PC for gaming and websurfing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had to vote for other.

Why?

Simply because my gaming time is split between Xbox and Gamecube for the past few months.

Xbox for all those action/mature/multiplatform games like Splinter Cell, Otagi, Panzer Dragoon, GTA, etc.

Gamecube for all those nintendo exclusives and totally innovative titles like Zelda: Windwaker, Viewitful Joe, P.N 03, F-Zero GX, etc.

-sb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts