Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux (WIndows)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, it was posed as a question on Which OS and Browser you use So I have taken upon myself to begin an Official 'Unofficial' poll of which OS do you use.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfpoole queried:
Did you miss this?

Completely, apparently

I actually looked, but apparently not close enough...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'm not surprised, really, since it seemed to have drifted so far down the main page. I gave it a bit of a nudge, though

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
since i have multiple machines with various OSes on them, how do i register that info. in the poll

i do not use ONE OS all the time, even for browsing ehMac.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make it complex whydontcha...

Choose the one you feel you use the MOST.

:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The previous poll asked which you preferred... this one asks which you use the most.

I PREFER OS X Jaguar, but because I work in prepress, I USE OS9.2.2 almost exclusively (except for the occasional PC files that come in that I'm forced to use Winblows :( )

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Jaguar - Welcome to the future.

You can make all the excuses you want for still using OS 9.

{Take this comment lightly but it is the truth}

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I use Windows 2000 the most, because that's what we're forced to use at work. :( At home I use OS X the most, even though I have machines with MacOS 8 and 9 on them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i work at a pretty up-to-date firm. we use windows 95! just kidding I work at denny's but i wasn't kidding about the operating system ( a definate reflection about my job). at home i use 10.2.5, being fairly new to the mac scene i am quite lost using os9.

donut

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
t'll come tomorrow .....that's the problem....t'ain't here today

At least it WILL get there. OS 9 never will.

Oh the days of allocating memory, type 11 errors, bent paperclips to reboot, of unresponsive multi-tasking, of system extension conflicts, rebooting every couple of days to clear memory leaks, of teeny-weeny little icons, being shunned at linux users and many other a developer...

For most of ehMac members, those days are but a distant memory.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
ehMax, I agree. I think you will have to drag macdoc kicking and screaming into the future though.

As for the paper clip, I miss having two or three hanging around my desktop. :D
I am glad to put system freezes, memory allocation, type # errors and the extension hassles behind me. I think stability and multitasking are the two most important factors in any computer system.
Without these, you are wasting your time doing work to the computer instead of on the computer.

OSX is the future and the futre is now.
Robert
ps: quark still sucks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts