Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just installed OSX and OS9 on separate partitions. My 3rd partition is for apps and files. Is there any problem installing (while booted in OSX) OSX native apps into the apps/files partition? Once OSX apps are installed, is it okay to move them around a bit, as we could in OS(?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by csonni:
I've just installed OSX and OS9 on separate partitions. My 3rd partition is for apps and files. Is there any problem installing (while booted in OSX) OSX native apps into the apps/files partition? Once OSX apps are installed, is it okay to move them around a bit, as we could in OS(?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you install something under OS X, yes, you can move them into any partition or anywhere else and still use them under OS X.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't forget that some updates to OS X applications require that the application be in the Applications folder on the OS X volume.

Somehow, I leave things where installers put them. Chances are the person that wrote the installer had a really good reason for putting the application where they did.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts