Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a DVD burner for my DP 867 G4 and am trying to decide whether I should get the pioneer, the sony or LG drive. I have been reading up on the XLR8yourmac.com site, but if anyone has any experiences I would be grateful. Also is it better to go internal or external for these things? I'm not sure that I really need to drag it around. Also,

where do you buy one? I resist going into Future Slop if possible.

cheers
sloow

·
Premium Member
17,981 Posts
Our artists-run video centre is planning to purchase an external DVD burner to share among our Quicksilvers (2x733 running X 10.2.8) and our AVID Xpress (an older G4/450 running OS 9.0.4).

LaCie is a brand name we a leaning toward... any suggestions? Obviously, needs to be both OS 9 and X compatible (damn AVID).

Yes, we know iDVD won't burn to an external - we have DVD Studio Pro for OS X, and I guess it's Toast for OS 9, right?

Other thoughts?
M

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Yes, we know iDVD won't burn to an external - we have DVD Studio Pro for OS X, and I guess it's Toast for OS 9, right?
If you go with La Cie, most models come with CaptyDVD. It is DVD authoring software for OS 9 and X. Similar to iDVD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts